http://www.crtsite.com/

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Those who know how to post properly put the link in the BODY of the message >:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Show us your badge, Mister Netcop.

 Click to see the full signature

Show me your cretin badge first >:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Jim Thompson wrote on 8/10/2017 3:44 PM:

Battle of the nerds!

--

Rick C
Reply to

You seem to be not interested in CRTs. Not interested in electronics at all, lately.

The modern CRTs on that site are mostly european and mostly ugly. DuMont and HP and especially Tek made some beautiful tubes.

InSnec in France made a 7 GHz scan converter tube, which Tek resold. Greenfield still has some for sale; I might ask them for some pics.

No vertical amp, direct input to the deflection plates. The scan converter target is probably tiny. The Tek 1 GHz 519 scope was similar, no amp and a tiny screen.

 Click to see the full signature

Crap! I'm about as busy as I've ever been (once I recovered from the radiation/chemo aftermath)... Analog is in unusually high demand! As is Spice modeling... my fun sport ;-)

CRT's are antique technology now, except for, perhaps, ultra high speed storage. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

In grad school we had a scan converter, but a very slow one--it was a Lithicon, and we used it for storing data from a mechanically scanned laser microscope.

CHeers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs