How to write EEPROM of RTL8100 network card.

Hi,

I am facing problem in writing EEPROM of RTL8100 card. I want to change MAC address of this card Permanently. I have gone throurh data sheet of RTL8100. I found way to change MAC address which is like this, change the operating mode of network card to CONFIG REGISTER WRITE ENABLE mode. Using this procedure, I can change MAC address but this is temporary. When I restart my board then original MAC address appears.

Please tell me some way to burn new MAC address permanently in EEPROM. Please reply me on snipped-for-privacy@einfochips.com

Reply to
virat.manvar

get two of them and compare the differences... that'll tell you where to write

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen