How to select a good ultrasonic transducer ?

Could some electronics guru please help ? I happened to come across some sample ultrasonic sound generator design/schematic(s), which include an 'ultrasonic transducer'. What exactly is this? Some sort of special loudspeaker for the ultrasonic frequency range ? Specifically, if one where to buy one of these, what would one ask for -- i.e., if I want to buy a common rectifier diode, I would be asking for a 1N4004. Any hints, suggestions would be very helpful.

Reply to
dakupoto

First you'd have to figure out a lot of things:

a. What frequency? b. Wideband or narrowband? c. Voltage? d. Desired impedance and power level? e. What does it have to insonicate? Air? Fluids? Rigid stuff? f. In general, what do you want it to do for you?

Some ultrasonic transducers for frequencies under 100kHz can be bought off-the-shelf. Others that I usually deal with in the MHz range are typically custom made. There are companies that specialize in this, for example Blatek:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg