How to pay for high-speed rail?...

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

People can't be trusted to act responsibly so this is what you get. Those d amned plastic water bottles will be next. I think they're already cracking down on the plastic grocery bags. There's more stuff coming down the pike. I like the automotive shut-off option, where once you've exceeded your mont hly quota in miles, the car shuts down for the remainder of the month. Of c ourse you pay a $300 towing fine.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I want to be the drinking straw police.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Hehehehe...

Long Hair

"However, some are already pushing back on this claim saying the fine and potential jail time would apply to the restaurant as an entity, not the waiter."

How do you send a restaurant to jail?

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Long Hair

Long Hair

Hehehehe...

What to do about these, Mr. Policeman?

Long Hair

Or a straw that uses so much plastic it has to be the clear winner.

A straw that would make George Carlin proud.

Long Hair

Just pass more un-requested bond issues,effectively stealing MORE money from the sheeple.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Right-wing thinking is that money spent on providing services for the commu nity as whole is stolen from the tax-payers, because the tax-payers are onl y part of the community. This makes the wives and children of tax-payers so me of the thieves but right-wing thinking isn't great on exploring the imp lications of their silly ideas.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

...who haven't been born yet. Kinda counterproductive to abort them all and import deadbeats from shithole countries to pay bonds, though. No problem, kick that can down the road, too. That's for the politicians who haven't been born to solve, anyway.

Reply to
krw

And then the tow truck stops at mid point out in no where zone because it just used its maximum milage for the month!

Reply to
M Philbrook

Have you seem some of the new prisons lately? the caffiterias look like a restaurant, so it must be already happening..

Reply to
M Philbrook

No problem, that will be an exception...now we need a new bureau of mileage exception handling, to be populated by political appointees, all of whom must be members of a public service union... see how this works?

Reply to
Bill Martin

And what is the mileage allowance for members of the Bureau of Mileage Exceptions?

Reply to
krw

Well, then, smart ass, exactly WHERE does most of the money come from?

Reply to
Robert Baer

ommunity as whole is stolen from the tax-payers, because the tax-payers are only part of the community. This makes the wives and children of tax-payer s some of the thieves but right-wing thinking isn't great on exploring the implications of their silly ideas.

Google will tell you, if you ask nicely. James Arthur will tell you that it isn't the rich, because there aren't enough of them, but he won't tell you what he means by "rich".

My operational definition of "rich" is based on the proposition that "the r ich get richer" which means the top 1% of the income distribution in the US .

They collect 22% of the income paid out in the USA, and pay about half the income tax collected - 45.7% in 2014.

The bottom 80% of Americans paid 15% of the tax collected, leaving the 19% in the middle paying 40%.

The bottom 80% includes all the people who are too young to pay taxes, too old to pay taxes and quite a few stay-at-home mothers, so it's unwise to le t yourself think of them as grasping parasites. If you don't have any kids coming up, you won't have a society for much longer, and if you try to kill off the elderly as soon as they stop paying taxes, you haven't got a socie ty that anybody would be happy about paying taxes to support (though the Ko ch brothers might like it).

Any sensible discussion would figure in sales taxes, land taxes and import duties, but you aren't a remotely sensible discussant, so I'll pass on that .

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Whatever they want it to be...when you write the rules, that typically follows.

Reply to
Bill Martin

ose damned plastic water bottles will be next. I think they're already crac king down on the plastic grocery bags. There's more stuff coming down the p ike. I like the automotive shut-off option, where once you've exceeded your monthly quota in miles, the car shuts down for the remainder of the month. Of course you pay a $300 towing fine.

MileageExceptionHandling- MEH- quite the appropriate acronym.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred