How to make a Voltage Controlled Oscillator - Page 2

Re: How to make a Voltage Controlled Oscillator

For ~25 years of my experience with electronics, I have never had any
use for four things:

1. Unijuction transistors
2. Microchip PICs
3. Linux
4. 555 timer

Hey Jan,
Could you tell WTF is going on France? Looks like idiots are on the
rampage, are they?

VLV

Re: How to make a Voltage Controlled Oscillator
On a sunny day (Tue, 26 Oct 2010 11:18:57 -0500) it happened Vladimir

That is only a very short time of experience really.

I dunno, I am in the Netherlands.

Re: How to make a Voltage Controlled Oscillator
Vladimir Vassilevsky:

ROTFL. Well, maybe the last two...

By all means.

--
Saluti

Rampage in France

They're upset because the government is increasing the legal
retirement age by two years. Quite understandable, in my opinion.
Widespread strikes upset the distribution of goods, especially
fuel, around the country. The situation seems to be gradually
returning to normal now.

Jeroen Belleman

Re: Rampage in France
Jeroen Belleman:

Is your opinion based on data you have about the number of people getting
benefits and the number of people paying for it, and does this data takes
in account that baby-boomers are about to retire?

Now that their President passed the law despite this senseless strike? :D

Re: Rampage in France
On a sunny day (Wed, 27 Oct 2010 11:58:16 +0200) it happened "F. Bertolazzi"

One point of view on this is that if you payed taxes all your life for a
guaranteed gov pension at say age X,
and the gov than decides that it will only pay at X+n and you have to work n
more years,
that sounds like a breach of contract to me.
Now we all know politicians promise, and that is their main business,
but I can imagine the anger of some those people on the streets,

Of course this is only the beginning.
After the devaluation of the US dollar, the subsequent decrease of exports to
the US, more unrest will come.
This is actually what the US wants, the destabilisation of Europe.
So they can then sell more weapons.
Of course US will also destabilise in the process, already the deficit is so big
that it cannot
be payed back, traders are buying bonds at 105%, betting on an interest raise...
Gold is way up...
War is coming.

Re: Rampage in France
Jan Panteltje:

guaranteed gov pension at say age X,
more years,

If a contract cannot be honoured because of "act of God", then the contract
is void. The "act of God", in this case, is the doubling or tripling or
even more of the life expectancy while retired.

the US, more unrest will come.

Most definitely, but not (only) because of a weak dollar.

Right. While Europeans are actively destabilizing Africa for selling their
weapons.

It's a sad and miserable world the one in which paranoid live.

big that it cannot
raise...

Probably, but not because some Goldfinger decided it.

It's an inevitable outcome of keeping the unemployment rate at artificially
low levels. Our politicians (pushed by us voters) did it, and now we have
to pay it back. Or else.

Re: Rampage in France
On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 09:01:11 +0200, Jeroen Belleman

Funny, when they did the exact same thing in the US, no one said a
word of protest... Sad, isn't it!

Re: Rampage in France
PeterD:

Yes, it's sad that Europeans behave that stupidly, without taking example
from the more responsible and sensible US citizens.

Re: Rampage in France
On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 14:26:03 +0200, "F. Bertolazzi"

---
You say that facetiously, but it wasn't us that started two world
wars.

Re: Rampage in France
John Fields:

By no means.

Exactly.

Well, on this I have to disagree. When the US was formed the population was
relatively homogeneous, no history, one language and one money.
It's rather different from putting together different people with different
historie.

Our model is more the USSR, and it shows.

--
Saluti

Re: Rampage in France
Sorry for the bad quoting

John Fields:

By no means.

Re: Rampage in France
On a sunny day (Wed, 27 Oct 2010 08:10:57 -0500) it happened John Fields

Since WW 2 US has invaded more then 44 countries.
For the bigger ones some of us remember Vietnam, and more remember the Iraq
murders.

No way, Russia is much more powerful, and China is working on it too.
Maybe in the long ago past, when you could still reach the moon with German
technology,
but these days the only power is the power of the dollar printing presses.
Soon it will cost more in energy to print the dollars than what they can buy in
oil.

You history is of course very very limited.
Europe has been united many times in the past,
for example the Romans, de Karolingen ( http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karolingen
), Napoleon.

Just as it fell apart at times, so will the US.
US already had one civil war.
We all know Texas will go back to Mechico, and Californiaaa will be a kingdom
with king Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Larkin Enterprises will be the biggest company...

Re: Rampage in France
Jan Panteltje:

Until XVIth century Holland invaded entire continents, trading slaves.

ROTFL. How? Where? Well, in gas starved Europe it has his way, and in the
Middle East is still sewing war, but, other than that...

technology,
in oil.

Geez, you came out straight from a soviet.

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karolingen ), Napoleon.

All empires put together with democratic elections voted by an homogeneous
populace. :D

I can't see why in the world.

Netherlands, the country of free pot...

Re: Rampage in France
On a sunny day (Wed, 27 Oct 2010 14:26:03 +0200) it happened "F. Bertolazzi"

Na, if you call GWBush and his clan of murders 'resposible' and 'sensible',
then anything goes :-)

Re: Rampage in France
Jan Panteltje:

I don't remember having called G. W. Bush in any way.

He did good things, such a starting a war in Iraq to keep the terrorists
busy down there, following the example of Clinton in ex-Jugoslavia, that
started a useless war just to keep the nascent EU busy and divided.

Unluckily he followed Clinton also in the reckless monetary policy
concocted by Greenspan.

Re: Rampage in France

murders.

   France started the problems in Vietnam and yes, Sadam did murder a
lot of Iraqi's.

enough left over to pay them.

Re: Rampage in France

  Jan never lets the truth get in the way of his America bashing.

enough left over to pay them.

Re: Rampage in France
On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:35:30 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

And he'd have no podium if you stopped feeding him.

                                        ...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO                            |    mens     |
| Analog Innovations, Inc.                         |     et      |

In the US, delayed retirement comes in stages.  Depending on birth
year:

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/retire2/agereduction.htm

In France, if you were about to turn 60, are you forced to wait until
age 62, or is it graduated like the US?

Considering the amount of vacation and breaks the French take while
"on the job", the years "worked" would keep most of them from ever
retiring :-)

Likewise the Germans (at Bosch)... they took breakfast while "on the
clock" :-(

                                        ...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO                            |    mens     |
| Analog Innovations, Inc.                         |     et      |