How do I use the lightning rod as TV antenna, and display it in high resolution on a Radio Shack TRS80 GVA monitor?

High I am in the last year professional electronic engineering, and I am the best of my year, there is a final project I want to do: How do I use the lightning rod as TV antenna, and display it in high resolution on a Radio Shack TRS80 GVA monitor?

Also the circuit should have a FGPA in it, and at least 3 DA converters, one for the sync, and 2 for the rest of the colors. Can I do this in software or do I need components too?

Your help is greatly appreciated. Regards LL

Reply to
Leonard Lollobol

On 09/12/2006 the venerable Leonard Lollobol etched in runes:

A very sad day for the EE profession, whatever must the rest be like.

I very much doubt that any true professional engineer would try to do that.

You need to rethink your approach here. The sync is a bi-level signal and does not need a DAC. However, it is unlikely that 2 DACs will be sufficient for the video. A little more research on how an RGB video signal is constructed would probably help.

My guess would be that you'll probably need at least a microcontroller of some sort to run your software on, but I may be wrong. Perhaps it's 'airware' in which case you won't need anything to run it on.

--
John B
Reply to

It's very easy. Once the lightning strikes, the blinding white flash will contain all possible images, and all you need to do is use the FPGA and DA converters to make a programmable filter to extract the image you want. Unfortunately, since it's a homework project, you have to figure out the details yourself.

-- John

Reply to
John O'Flaherty

I do not think that a lightning rod would make a good TV antenna.

You will need analogue components too, like an RF amplifier and filters.

To reply to me directly:
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Gareth