Honkin' big BJT modules

I may have asked this before:

Where to find great big BJT modules? I'm looking for something that'll handle 100V and 400A. I can easily find discrete parts, but finding modules (other than from places selling repair parts) is eluding me.

TIA

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

For IGBTs or MOSFETs, try Powerex or Semikron. Not sure anyone makes the Darlington BJT type anymore.

eg. SEMiX402GAL066HDs 600V 400A IGBT with diodes.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Check out the ones from Mitsubishi:

They are usually Darlington stacks:

I believe some of the Toshiba ones have been EOL'ed. Fanuc should still have Darlington modules:

This stuff isn't really mainstream. So if it's for a product and not a one-off project I'd chat with a few distributors to minimize the chance that something goes EOL on you.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Be sure to read the thread 'overrated transistors' which I started a while ago.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Nico Coesel

I'm keeping it in mind.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

They're out there, "IGBT"s, be prepared to pay!

We use various sizes for some apps at work.

Here is an example

Beware of the KW ratings. Many of them boast a lot of amps but don't have the KW ratings.

P.S. Make sure you more then enough heat sink and well bonded to it, they like the spit out globs of weld when they erupt!

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

I believe we use the Mitsubishi's Hard to get since the Tsunami in Japan.

There's others

EUPEC POWEREX FUJI

Martin Riddle