History of the "quantum of action" (1900-1927) / by Socratus /

History of the "quantum of action" (1900-1927) / by Socratus / a) In 1900 Planck united together two formulas ( Rayleigh-Jeansfor for long and Wien's for short wavelengths) and then divided them. He was himself very surprised when the result was found correct. And after that came . . . . : " . . . some weeks of the hardest work of my life . . ." The result was - quantum of action (as energy multiply time: h=Et) The coefficient (h) was neither in the Rayleigh-Jeansfor nor in the Wien's formulas. Planck took unit (h) as in some books are written: "intuitively, instinctively, phenomenologically" b) In 1905 Einstein introduced unit (h) in different way. Einstein wrote it as: h=kb (Boltzmann coefficient multiply Wien's displacement constant) And in 1906 Einstein wrote that Planck's and his results are equal. But Einstein's formula explains quantum nature more clearly. c) In 1913 Bohr introduced "quant of action" in the hydrogen-atom. d) In1923 De Broglie wrote that "quant of action" can be "pilot-wave". e) In 1924 Goudsmit and Uhlenbeck wrote that "quant of action" can work in another way as: h/2pi (h-bar) f) In 1925 Heisenberg went a step further. He discovered "the uncertainty principle" (HUP): Et>h* g) In the same 1925 year Schrodinger explained that "quant of action" as de Broglie's "pilot-wave" can work as "psi-wave function". h) In 1926 Schrodinger found relation between his "psi-wave function" and the Heisenberg uncertainty principle. i) In 1926 Born showed that could be probability of finding the "quant of action" in local place of the "psi-wave function". j) In1927 Dirac "put into place the last of quantum theory's building blocks". He "playing with beautiful equations" explained that the "quantum of action" in the Schrodinger's "psi-wave function" must have one negative anti-brother in "an unobserved infinite sea". ==... The QM interpretation doesn't fit the logical presentation. Feynman wrote: " The theory of quantum electrodynamics describes Nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And it agrees fully with experiment. So I hope you accept Nature as She is -- absurd." / Book: QED : The Strange Theory of Light and Matter page. 10. by R. Feynman / ==... Best wishes. Israel Sadovnik Socratus =.

Reply to
isocratus

Two questions. What do you think you are trying to tell us? Why did you bother posting it here?

It's not obviously cross-posted, though it reads as if was primarily intended for a physics group.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

It got your attention!

But then again, I can't say if that is a valid indicator.

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

With your reading comprehension issues, that goes without saying. So why did you say it?

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Just to irritate you.

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

Since I take a certain malicious pleasure in reminding the rest of the group of your cognitive defects, providing me with a legitimate excuse to do so more or less compensates for the irritation.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I am just getting started..

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

And will soon fall flat on your face ... as usual.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to