Hillarious

Florida Bitchfest:

Wimmin! :-D

Cursitor Doom

"It's why I got into engineering; very few women around."

I see.

Reply to
bitrex

"We pay cash for videos."

Maybe they faked it.

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

It's Breitbart they probably pay like 25 bucks.

Reply to
bitrex

There's so much of this stupid shit behaviour nowadays I don't see the need to fake any more of it.

Cursitor Doom

Whatever happened to professional journalism?

That bitch didn't grab her hair, she grabbed her weave.

Never a cop around when you need one. This "entertainment" & traffic jam happened only a half-mile from the Manatee County Sheriff's Office.

In Florida, deadly force is authorized to prevent/stop a forcible felony. Someone could have (and probably should have) shot that "woman" with the baton, who was clearly using it a manner other than necessary for self-defense.

Reply to
mpm

yeah they don't just let you shoot someone to death and then let you go cuz you claim your use of deadly force was "authorized" lol. Whether it was or not will be determined by the justice system/a jury.

You want a jury of _Floridians_ who are too dumb to get out jury duty deciding whether you do 15 years in prison or not? well God bless.

Reply to
bitrex

"mpm" probably thinks you can just unload a Desert Eagle into random people fighting on the street that you don't even have a dispute with and just flash your Blade Runner badge and the police are like "oh. okay. well thank you for your service sir"

Reply to
bitrex

Maybe I should have used the word "justified" instead of "authorized". Hey, I was doing it from memory. Sue me. :)

The Florida Statute is 776.012(2) And "Yes", it can be certainly applied to random people on the street in si tuations where one "...reasonably believes that using or threatening to use such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a fo rcible felony."

776.08 defines a forcible felony as, among many other things, aggravated ba ttery -- which is exactly what this dipshit baton-wielding Willie Edwards w as ultimately charged with. (Who names their daughter "Willie" anyway?)

But to your point - I would not have got involved. Let them beat the shit out of each other roadside for all I care. (Just hu rry it up and be done with it before the light changes!)

Maybe that's asking too much.

Reply to
mpm

Depends on who "threw the first punch" it's hard to say from the video.

Most people in street fights are all already criminals from a legal perspective the cops just come and arrest everybody, not really a self-defense situation anymore if someone say threw a first punch or maybe got out of the car yelling and tried to grab someone and then the other person starts wailing on them with a baton it's just called "fighting."

The person who "wins" the brawl and knocks the other person out is usually the one who gets slapped with the most severe charges nothing unusual about that, but definitely best to be sure it's actually a legal defense situation and not just a regular ol' fight you're picking sides in

Reply to
bitrex

Maybe you still get off on defense of others depending on how disproportionate party #2's response was to the original aggression but it's going to be a much tougher sell to the court for sure.

Reply to
bitrex

So here's an interesting wrinkle to consider...

See: Florida Statute 843.06 "Neglect or refusal to aid peace officers". If I'm reading this right, if a police officer was on-scene and requested y our assistance, it is actually a 2nd-degree misdemeanor to refuse. ???

I wonder if this Statute has ever been tested / enforced?

Anyway, as I said already - I wouldn't get involved unless it got PERSONAL. People (thugs, idiots, etc...) simply can't go around in a civilized societ y whipping other people at traffic lights (and even inside some Walmarts) w ith billy clubs and baseball bats.

The problem with getting involved and stopping this kind of behavior (as yo u correctly note) is that even if you "win", you still lose. Short of a ri ch uncle or a successful "GoFund.me" campaign, nobody is going to step up t o pay your legal fees in a civil case.

Reply to
mpm

Commandeering vehicles?

It's not that there aren't a lot of thugs out there that hurt innocent people the world probably would be better off without. It's just that the DA doesn't really care about any of that all he knows is it's his job to put people who shoot people behind bars and doesn't particularly care much what the circumstances are. what's "justified" in terms of laying on charges basically comes down to whether it's bad publicity or not.

There are clear cut cases like an armed thug pulling a gun on an unarmed elderly store clerk. And there are edge cases. In the edge cases you have to assume that if there's a way they can pin a rap on you for _something_, they probably will. It's their job to.

Reply to
bitrex

Like for example in a "just" America these people marching under foreign flags whom the US fought a bloody wars against in recent history would be recognized from their photos, hunted down to their homes, and executed immediately as traitors attempting to overthrow the Republic.

Reply to
bitrex

Agreed.

Reply to
jurb6006

If I'm reading this right, if a police officer was on-scene and requested your assistance, it is actually a 2nd-degree misdemeanor to refuse. ??? "

When the courts have ruled they have no duty to protect us ? Yeah, I would like to see that tested, all the way up to the supreme court if necessary.

Reply to
jurb6006

You might want someone that has an interest in serving justice if you are ever on trial. I've been on two juries that I recall, one was the rape of a handicapped woman, the other, entry of a store and theft. Both were interesting cases, although the entry and theft was much more than it sounds like. Entry, because the prosecutor couldn't prove they broke the window. The thieves went in stole as much as they could carry and went home. Once home they decided, Let's go back and get some more! So they did, and came home again. Then someone came up with the revelation, "hey, there is Pharmacy in the back of the store" So back they went back for a third time. This time the broke into the pharmacy section and stole a bunch of "good drugs, man" One of the witnesses was a convicted heroin user, so we had "special" instructions about his testimony. We found the defendant Guilty! On the rape case, we got the case before lunch, took one vote, 12 to

0, guilty. But we made the decision to have lunch on the county before delivering the verdict. That was all back in Michigan, I've been in Florida now for 24 years, and haven't been called, my wife has been called twice, she's 'smart' enough to get out of it. That's a good thing for the defendants, in her opinion, if your charged, you're guilty. I've been lucky with good cases, I'd do it again, hoping for an interesting case. Mikek
Reply to
amdx

your assistance, it is actually a 2nd-degree misdemeanor to refuse. ??? "

d like to see that tested, all the way up to the supreme court if necessary .

As is often the case, you don't understand law. There is no law requiring police to perform specific duties regarding protection of citizens. Where there *is* a law requiring citizens to assist the police it would clearly b e a crime to do otherwise. Unless the court strikes down the law as uncons titutional, you are stuck. You can dislike that all you want, but there it is.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

I mean you can _want_ anyone to be on a jury you like, but the point is if you're a defendant who'll you'll actually get are decisions that are completely out of control.

Reply to
bitrex

out of your control, rather. And possibly just out of control in general

Reply to
bitrex