Highly Unusual Bomb Cyclone to Hit Entire Atlantic Coast of U.S.

That's a side street, it was probably laid down circa 1835 and it's been paved but never widened since. Many of the homes in that area date from the mid 19th century. That's it that's all the street you get

Reply to
bitrex

LOL- those are not Victorian era. I place them as late as the 1940s. The clipped gable is giveaway on that on that one house. And the uniformity makes them a tract house development of the era.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I didn't say THOSE particular homes were! I don't know anything about those! Jeez!

Reply to
bitrex

I arrived in NY the following week, and started at IBM on the 13th.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Silly. The climate change direction for the next century is not in that direction (and has no resemblance to any previous ice age, driven by different circumstances entirely).

A few decades of knowledge and understanding works better than 'hope'. Try using hope to design circuits sometime...

Reply to
whit3rd

You've been told this by the one who controls such things? Interesting.

S/knowledge and understanding/lies and fraud/

Reply to
krw

So krw thinks that the voice in his head is giving him messages from the on e who controls such things. The propositions about what's going to happen t o the climate over the next hundred years come from observers of what's hap pening now (with particular emphasis on the steadily rising levels of CO2 i n the atmosphere).

They don't have any control of what's happening, or what's going to happen (otherwise the CO2 level would be rising a lot less rapidly).

Anything that krw disagrees with has to be lies and fraud. The voice in his head tells him exactly what he ought to think, and it can't possibly be wr ong (as it tells krw).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I'm glad you understand the cause of the Little Ice Age, and why we won't have another. Please explain it to us.

lunatic fringe electronics

The Little Ice was just the usual ocean currents moving around. The Atlanti c Multidecadal Oscillation

and the linked effects in the Pacific

make particular areas warmer and others colder. The North-Atlantic-centred point of view that made the cool period around the north Atlantic a "little ice age" rather than an episode of regional cooling has been superseded, b ut denialist web-sites are more interested in creating attention-getting pr opaganda than they are in informing their audience, and John Larkin doesn' t read widely enough to have noticed.

If we melt enough of the Greenland ice sheet, we could have a re-run of the Younger Dryas, which would have been just as localised as the "little ice age" but would involve rather larger temperature excursions, though not in California.

That happened when the earth as whole was transitioning from the most recen t ice age to the current interglacial, and demonstrates that global warming isn't inconsistent with episodes of local cooling.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Mo just stepped in from the back yard with her arms full of roses and lemons.

lunatic fringe electronics

And it was over 115oF in Sydney, Australia today too.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Yes, but the shortest path between them goes North no matter which location you start. Hard to believe, eh?

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998
Reply to
rickman

How else would a great circle route work? The plane defined by Buffalo, the southern shore of France and the centre of the earth has to hit the earth's surface north of both the starting location and the destination at any place between them.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Or 47.3 Celcius. For a while it looked like an all-time record, then somebody found a 47.8 Celcius measurement from 1939, taken at a site where the temperature isn't measured any more.

We got a sea-breeze so it didn't get anything like that warm on our balcony, and inside we've now got air-conditioning.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Where is "here"?

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998
Reply to
rickman

This is funny:

and not so funny:

lunatic fringe electronics

and copious amounts of snow, rain and ice. This will not turn out well, it is wise to prepare for extended outages.

_large.png

Anthony Watts' denialist propaganda is unintentionally funny.

Actually the idea that the little ice age was global, rather than a bit of north Atlantic centred regional cooling, is pretty funny, as is the idea th at Maunder minima in the sun's sun-spot count has much to do with it's radi ative output and perceptible climate change on the earth.

The Global Warming Policy Foundation is just another denialist propaganda f ront - in the UK rather than the US.

John Larkin is busy being an unpaid shill for denialist propaganda - as usu al.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

A UK Navy sailor described watching high-yield nuclear tests in the Pacific as being an eerie experience where everything unfolds in complete silence for 2-3 minutes, and then an enormous KABOOM arrives, knocking people off their feet

Reply to
bitrex

tto:

ern, than a Sci-fi show.

Battlestar Galactica (the new one) did it right. No sound in space, fighter

Bye Jack

Reply to
jack4747

The series "Lexx" and another "Farscape". There are thruster sounds

*within* the craft moving about. With a difference when the craft has no internal atmosphere about and the folks inside are wearing space suits.

Collision sounds (not collusion) :-) Trump reminds me of Clinton when he got busted with Lowinski. He can deny all he wants. The world still calls a spade a spade.

And I still call the abject idiot (Donald J. Trump) an abject idiot. Because that is what the stupid, unfit to command bastard is.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno