Hi, why transitors have 3 legs?

Why not 2 legs like everybody else? Thank you so mugs

Reply to
Little Wilma

Wilma,

I have three legs, one is just shorter then the other two.

Same with transistors, the short one controls the other two.

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

An Excellent answer!

Reply to
JW

Those are actually just fuses.

You can fix pretty near anything by replacing the blown three-legged fuses.

Lord Valve

Reply to
Lord Valve

That was a pretty base observation.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom timing and laser controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer Multichannel arbitrary waveform generators

Don't you mean baseless?

Reply to
tm

No, it's pretty well grounded.

Reply to
krw

A two legged transistor could be a collector's item.

Reply to
tm

ge

Ouch! that would hurt.... I beta just keep my mouth shut.

George H.

George Herold

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

You are showing your bias.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Sometimes they are too inebriated and then they would fall over on just two legs :-)

--
SCNR, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

ssage

I found this webpage to be similarly helpful and informative:

spamtrap1888

I found this webpage to be similarly helpful and informative:

That's a great teaching aid.

Thanks

Reply to
tm

They even fall over when uninebriated if they have only two legs. Think of a milking stool.

Reply to
John S

Not if you bend the leads so each leg has a "foot" :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I thought the short leg had no conscience?

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Maybe it's meant as political control. Then it doesn't need a conscience :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Lets us not forget the negative voltage effect that will give you a pulse generator with only 2 leads of a NPN.

Of course, this discovery led to the tunnel diode.

And also, the photo transistor.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Of course a political control needs a conscience - it needs to know when what it does is going to upset some non-politicians. It's just that politicians seem to be able to ignore their consciences from time to time.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to