Help with LCD identification please?

Hi, a friend gave me a graphics LCD module from an 9-year old copying machine. It appears to be a 640x240 STN blue/white CCFL unit. I've disassembled it trying to find some kind of identifiable markings, but have had little luck. If anyone could assist me in locating a datasheet, pin-out, or even a similar model, I would be most grateful. Here is everything I have on it:

Little white sticker on rear:

EDMGU14BCF

3128A

  • LCD connector is a 17-conductor ribbon.

  • Opening the LCD module reveals an outlined "M" logo printed on the PCB's along with PC-U951B and PC-U148A, and GCMK-G2X and NCMK-M1X.
  • Flipping the LCD over reveals a few discretes and two chips: a KA324D (14 SOIC single-rail op amp x4) and a Panasonic 2N1EMA (14 SOIC, unknown, cannot match datasheet.)
  • Printed near the edge of the glass itself is: PLH6-BZE (I think it's a Z.)

I can put up some photos if needed. Thanks very much for any help.

Reply to
Mark Jones

trying

along

SOIC

Anyone? Is this an OEM/custom part? Matsushita LCD's have close part numbers such as EDMGR25KAF but no match. I also found a datasheet for an EDM240128-10 (

) but still this is little help. Thanks again.

Reply to
Mark Jones

Mark Jones wrote in news:ZM2dnVjgL4ceDrPbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@buckeye-express.com:

I bet it is an OEM part number. There has to be controller chips, which by luck, are COB/COG, potted, ground, or house numbered.

Reply to
Gary Tait

Hi Gary, I was simply hoping for a cheap experimentation LCD but it's not panning out that way. For a controller, this module was plugged into a board containing an H8S HD6412350F20 uC and RAM if that helps. I cannot tell what the silicon is on the glass, and cringe at the thought of reverse-engineering any multi-layer PCB's. :-)

Here are some quick pics of the LCD:

There's also a datasheet for the KA324D:

And the EDM240128-10 similar datasheet:

Thanks for looking.

Reply to
Mark Jones