HELP!!! Problem with Bill Bowden Game Show circuit

I really need your help. I embarked on assembling one of the circuits poste d on the page, specifically the Game Show Who?s First Circuit. I purchase d the parts and put it together to what I understand is correct. Here is wh at I?m seeing.

With a setup of a total of 6 stations, but with only 2 connected for test.

1.The relay clicks to trigger the buzzer. 2.When a button is pushed, it turns on it?s corresponding light.

Problem: When button is pushed a 2nd can also power it?s light. Essential ly it isn?t locking out the other stations.

I tried checking if maybe the button pushes were too close together it migh t light both, but with time in between pushes the test setup lights either way.

Does it need the minimum 3 stations in order to work properly? I suspect th at it shouldn?t matter how many stations are wired it should still lock t hem out. If you could please give me some guidance it would be greatly appr eciated. I?m kind of stuck and not sure where to proceed.

Regards

Ariel

Reply to
asuero2010

.

ally it isn?t locking out the other stations.

ght light both, but with time in between pushes the test setup lights eithe r way.

that it shouldn?t matter how many stations are wired it should still lock them out. If you could please give me some guidance it would be greatly ap preciated. I?m kind of stuck and not sure where to proceed.

The circuit should work but the component values are fairly critical. Are y ou using 25 Watt incandescents for the lamps???

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

You refer to "the page", but you don't include a link. Please include a link to the schematic; then someone can tell you something.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Correct me if I am wrong, but this circuit could put 120 VAC on the switch contacts if the SCR fails, no? I'm thinking this would be used by kids and the switch would be hand held. Both the switch and the wire to the switch could be dangerous if damaged.

This circuit could be easily adapted by using a lower voltage which would be much safer.

--

Rick
Reply to

No more dangerous than any other mains switch

They don't say but it's 'probably' good for 4000VAC isolation.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

on the page, specifically the Game Show Who?s First Circuit. I purchased the parts and put it together to what I understand is correct. Here is what I?m seeing.

isn?t locking out the other stations.

light both, but with time in between pushes the test setup lights either way.

it shouldn?t matter how many stations are wired it should still lock them out. If you could please give me some guidance it would be greatly appreciated. I?m kind of stuck and not sure where to proceed.

You need to adjust the voltage divider that is feeding the switches, lower the low side resistor so that it drops the level of voltage to the gates. It's obvious there isn't enough voltage ending up on the cathode side to over come the gate voltage to prevent trigger.

Also, use incandescent lamps..

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

ted on the page, specifically the Game Show Who?s First Circuit. I purcha sed the parts and put it together to what I understand is correct. Here is what I?m seeing.

.

ally it isn?t locking out the other stations.

ght light both, but with time in between pushes the test setup lights eithe r way.

that it shouldn?t matter how many stations are wired it should still lock them out. If you could please give me some guidance it would be greatly ap preciated. I?m kind of stuck and not sure where to proceed.

So, after carefully reviewing the schematic and my circuit, I found that th e resistor that should link the SCRs was not wired correctly. I suppose lon g nights setting up this system and tending to a 9 month old scrambled my b rain. Thanks to all!!!

Reply to
asuero2010

The problem is not the switch itself, but it will be on the end of a long cord. If you saw your kids playing with a lamp cord plugged into the wall, would you tell them to stop? I seriously doubt this would pass anyone's safety certification.

--

Rick
Reply to

If that's a concern then convert the circuit over to 12VAC and power it from a plug-in module ( with built-in GFCI).

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Yes, I believe that is what I said. :)

--