help on selcting a BLDC motor

hi every one I need your help in selection a brushless DC motor as such some of you might worked on those ,know better than me , I am looking for a 3 ph BLDC motor under NEMA23 spec with a working voltage of 24vdc 3 amps with torque bit more than 40 oz please help me with a good part name on which working will be easy for a beginner thanks &regards PMM

Reply to
pmm

Believe it or not, he's using more or less correct terminology for brushless DC motors. A brushless DC motor is a synchronous permanent magnet machine that needs externally commutated multi-phase (3 phase is by far the most common) power from an external controller. Since the motors are designed so that the controllers are easily run off of low-voltage DC they're called "DC" -- even though the motor itself is an AC machine and nothing else.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

I read in sci.electronics.design that pmm wrote (in ) about 'help on selcting a BLDC motor', on Sun, 20 Feb 2005:

Where will you get a 3ph DC supply?

John Woodgate

I have no problem believing this -- for a lot of people the terminology trump the reality every time. With all the brushless motors that I know of the current at the motor terminal _does_ alternate, it's only the supply current to the controller that may maintain sign.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

I agree with you Tim, but I have had people insist it's DC since the current doesn't reverse direction (doesn't alternate).

Robert

Reply to
R Adsett