Help building a racing timer using walkie talkies

I have a crazy idea about building a racing timer using a pair of kids walke talkies. The timer would be actived & stopped by running over a tape switch. I have a pair of kids walkies talkies thats has a morse code botton on it. I was thinking I could somehow wire the tapeswitch to the morse code botton and have the tapeswitch start a clock timer and when I hit the next tapeswitch this would stop the timer. I don't have any electronic experience and am willing to learn, but has something like this been done before?

PG

Reply to
grafgulch