Hef's oscilloscope!

What is that thing? (Built into the wall) Early Tek? I can't peel my eyes off it. Darned bouncing 1968 women, Godda Inna way!

. Playboy After Dark 8/8/68 .

(I presume this is the Playboy Mansion? No?)

Reply to
Bill Beaty

sorta looks like a rack mount Type 533A..but Barbie Benton keeps getting in the way... Who was that stiff she is dancing with...Hef?? lol

Reply to
jjhudak4

~The late 60s man, you just had to be there. It was a far-out time. :-D

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

imdb.com claims that those episodes were filmed at CBS Studio 31 and KTLA Studios. [1] That particular "After Hours" episode's small stage size suggests that KTLA's seemingly smaller studios may fit best, but you never know.

Note.

[1]

Thank you,

--
Don Kuenz KB7RPU
There was a young lady named Bright Whose speed was far faster than light;

yes off it. Darned bouncing 1968 women, Godda Inna way!

It looks like military surplus to me. It reminds me of the display used to tune a receiver for RTTY around the Korean war.

There is some industrial video equipment, a bunch of cheap AM/FM receivers and some industrial electronics. Probably $100 of stuff from a surplus stor e when that set was built. I didn't see anything that was powered up, and t he layout made zero sense. A pair of 9" Monochrome video monitors, mounted that high?

I remember running this crappy show on 16mm film at the AFRTS TV Station at Ft. Greely. in ''73-'74.

Reply to
Michael Terrell

The RTTY tuning indicator is just a x-y oscilloscope with mark filter output on one axis and space filter output on the other one.

--

-TV
Reply to