Health Care

Since Congress insists on protecting their own graft and/or holding a personal grudge because Trump trounced their ass...

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

He doesn't know what he's doing and it will not result in lower premiums, only chaos.

The only task the idiot should be focussing on is the nuclear annihilation of North Korea. Until he does that, he's not any kind of president at all.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Reply to
bitrex

Bla-blah, bla-blah ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

Bla-blah, bla-blah ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

Jim Thompson wrote on 9/27/2017 3:38 PM:

I am very impressed with the new President and his Congress. Republican control 52 votes in the Senate and the VP gets to vote when tied. Republicans controlled 241 seats in the House. So they should have been ready with a health care bill from the moment the 115th Congress took their seats and passed it with a slam-dunk!

But what happened??? It was a campaign promise to repeal and replace! Hell, first they wanted to repeal without even giving consideration to the replace part. Then they marshaled forces and tried to pass a new healthcare bill... it failed. Now they have till the end of the week to pass a bill and they can't get it past their majority in the Senate.

Those damn Republicans keep interfering with the Democrats efforts to repeal and replace. What? This is a Republican effort and they still can't get it through Congress???

I guess I should be glad we elected Trump after all. The least effective President in 100 years. I guess next election we'll have to give him a super majority. Maybe by then he'll have read the oval office owners manual.

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998
Reply to
rickman

The best thing that could happen is the total collapes of O'Care.

Reply to
M Philbrook

M Philbrook wrote on 9/28/2017 7:27 PM:

I think a lot of people think the ACA is not the best or final solution. But many seem to focus on getting rid of it without thought to what should replace it.

In reality the only people who want to get rid of it are the ones who have alternatives. In other words they don't have a real stake in it.

So what do you think should replace it?

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998
Reply to
rickman

[snip]

Nothing.

The problem with health (and other) insurance right now is too much regulation... very much similar to the political graft BS going on in NYC regarding taxi "medallions".

The solution is relatively simple... so simple it infuriates the left... it's called the free market:

Lift ALL barriers to doing business across state lines.

Do away with ALL state regulations of the insurance business.

The only federal regulation should be certification of the insurance company assets to satisfy all claims (this exists already state-by-state, but is currently a real hodge-podge of inconsistencies to allow state politicians their chunk of graft).

Pass a law regarding politicians... graft/corruption will earn you the firing squad >:-}

(It's going to be interesting to see if Menendez (D-NJ) gets his just desserts, or some crooked judge lets him off.) ...Jim Thompson

           To those of us in my age bracket...

           GREEN means inexperienced and/or incompetent.

Totally anecdotal, but a guy I used to work with would bash Obama. Bash him over and over again. "Obama is terrible. Obamacare is terrible, they need to get rid of it".

And me not knowing a lot about it because I'm covered by my corporate insurance plan says "I don't know much about this and why people hate it. What is wrong with it anyway?"

He immediately says "Oh, I don't know".

Yep. Yeah makes sense to me.

Reply to
lonmkusch

Well, we've now got the opinion of dimmest twit who posts here.

ld

ve

The US health care system isn't universal, and consequently doesn't work to o well. Every other advanced industrial country has universal health care, which works better for the population as a whole, and just as well as the U S system does for those who are fully covered and even the most expensive o f those systems only costs two thirds the price per head of the US system.

The problem isn't too much regulation, it's too much administrative effort spent on making sure that people don't get cover they haven't paid for.

Nobody else uses it, because it isn't appropriate for distributing health c are.

So that the health insurers can reinstate the "pre-existing condition" rip- off?

In the US it probably will. Constitutions based on the Radical Enlightenmen t rather than the Moderate Enlightenment are a bit better at minimising gra ft.

There's a great deal of graft in the US system, and it is going to be inter esting to see just how much the system is prepared to tolerate. If Menedez were WASP his chances could have been better.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

So can you explain how that will get insurance for anyone who isn't insured at work? What we had pre-ACA was not so much different from this. The state regulations did nothing to make insurance less available. Lifting regulation won't allow people who presently have insurance, but who also make claims to get insurance. Just the opposite. Anyone who has ever been sick or who gets sick will lose their insurance at the end of the term.

You realize that in order to "lift" all state regulations means passing a Federal law to supersede them? What happened to states' right?

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998
Reply to
rickman

I would have similar conversations with people in a lunch counter. They would say how terrible the ACA was but when I asked what it was they didn't know. I'd tell them it was just a way to get insurance and they'd say, "Oh, that doesn't sound so bad."

Just like the Obamacare vs. ACA video.

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998
Reply to
rickman

And allow people to join insurance co-ops. Essentially do the same thing as employers.

Reply to
krw

Nah, what infuriates the left is that the health insurance industry doesn't actually provide a valuable service or a single dime's worth of medical care to anyone. They call what they sell "insurance" but it isn't, it's just a shell game not much different than the subprime derivatives market.

There's no "free market" when you have no options other than to buy what someone is selling. Like saying there's a "free market" for water because you can either pay more to get the stuff that's always safe to drink or a little less to get the brown, sketchy kind. Hey, you have a choice, right?

Reply to
bitrex

I'm curious as to how the administration is going to manage the budget cuts in Social Security and disability benefits so that his base's social security and disability benefits are largely unaffected. i.e. what the pretext for the location/racial profiling will be (ensure that white voters in red states aren't subject to it)

Reply to
bitrex

I note that there's been a lot of bloviating about pre-existing conditions, but there's a simple solution... let's start with auto insurance as an example:

A DUI might be considered a pre-existing condition? Right?

So let's simply declare that, henceforth, ALL auto insurance premiums will be the same cost for everyone.

Those of you with pre-existing DUI's... your premium will decrease.

Those of you with exemplary driving records... your premiums will rise.

But, HEY! That's FAIR! Isn't it ?>:-}

Those of us who can afford it will simply "self-insure" (allowed in Arizona and other deplorable states).

You, of the pansy persuasion, will be relegated to voting Democrat and getting your "free" lemon hand-out every day ;-)

Enjoy! ...Jim Thompson

           To those of us in my age bracket...

           GREEN means inexperienced and/or incompetent.

Following bloggs' advice, we can go full "nominal" taxation for medical care and get our quality to a level just like Cuba's...

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

To those of us in my age bracket...

GREEN means inexperienced and/or incompetent.

No........DUI is a dumb ass choice, getting cancer is not.

Don't talk crap

Ask any American how their medical insurance works and you will get a big fat DUUUUH

Ask any American how the ACA works..........same big fat DUUUUUH

Ask any American how healthcare works in other countries......big fat DUUUUH

Ask any American politician how healthcare works in America.....big fat DUUUH, they don't have to use it (John McCain)

Until politicians and teachers and union labor and everyone else have to use the same system they will never get to grips with how totally crap the health care system is in America.

I know the ACA, I know how it worked well but I know how wrong parts of it were, I know how hospitals rip off medicare, (You have no idea). i know how medicaid works and emergency room treatment and I really hope you never need either.

Reply to
JC

Duh! Pay attention I have/had cancer... pancreatic... still getting over the after-effects of the treatment... nasty.

Speak for your own state, not mine. In Arizona, in 1996, I walked into a fully-packed emergency room. Nurse takes one look at me and says, "You're having a heart attack?"

Whisked _immediately_ into treatment. Didn't even ask if I was insured.

Back then I was (as now) self-employed, paying an $800/month premium for a $5K deductible. So I ended up coughing up about $6K out of pocket.

Was I treated unfairly?

People need to learn to be responsible for themselves. The government doesn't _owe_ you anything beyond defending wars, providing police and fire, and streets.

Find healthcare mentioned in the Constitution. ...Jim Thompson