Time and show page,

Homepage,

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

  • Yawn; same old DizzyKnee cartoon..

Reply to
Robert Baer

NASA should have a lottery to select a few members from the general public to drive the dune buggy.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

They may feel the need to select very careful drivers.

It's a long way back to the nearest garage if you get into a fender- bender on Mars.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Driving a mars rover isn't a real-time activity, anyway--it's a programming task.

The speed-of-light delay ranges from about 3 to 20 minutes.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

Currently, it is about 14 minutes. I checked by watching the NASA channel, last night. They mentioned it, specifically.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

Just did the computation. Current delay is 13.781 minutes.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

I'll use that defense court if I get pulled over.

Reply to
Bret Cahill

If you are going the speed_of_light, how would they catch you ??

Reply to
hamilton

In a FTL ship, of course.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The dune buggy only goes .2 mph.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

Touchdown confirmed!!! Mikek

Reply to
amdx

And apparently the cameras still work.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

And one that takes a lot of planning since soft sand can ground it.

Anyway it has landed safely and sent back a B&W postcard.

Lets hope the analytical kit will fire up and perform!

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

ungli jigal talks about the story of four years life "Engineering Student"

subscribe for more footages.

Reply to
Jainee Singh

Pity the President's science advisor chose to engage in jingoistic crowing about it.

?If anybody has been harboring doubts about the status of U.S. leadership in space,? John P. Holdren, the president?s science adviser, said at a news conference following the landing, ?well, there?s a one-ton, automobile-size piece of American ingenuity, and it?s sitting on the surface of Mars right now.?

That was really tacky.

 Click to see the full signature

Oh piffle. 'Bragging' about an accomplishment is not 'jingoistic'.

No, but it was a non-sequitur.

It's a worthy accomplishment but it won't put anybody on the International Space Station, or anywhere else, and a lack of human launch capability doesn't quite fit the image of 'leadership in space'.

Reply to
flipper

Why would you want to put squishy meat-sacks into a partial vacuum with abundant high-energy radiation? That sounds like a very bad idea.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

Then we should send at least a dozen politcians on a fact finding mission, lead by Bill Nelson.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Spam in a can." With basically nothing to do but silly make-work science fair experiments, and trying to stay alive.

Planetary science is cool, but robots do that just fine. And you don't have to bring them back home alive.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
 Click to see the full signature