"HDMI with ethernet" feedback into DVI blowing up monitor ?

Hello,

Here is a short question for you:

Is it possible for an asus GT 520 graphics card to cause a "over-voltage" feedback from "HDMI with ethernet cable" to "DVI cable" to monitor

Setup was as follows:

PC with GT 520 a/v receiver PC with GT 520 Monitor

So is it possible the receiver send back a audio/video signal to the GT 520, which then abusively added it to the DVI signal, causing over-voltage in the DVI signal to the monitor, basically blowing up/damaging the monitor ?!?!?!?

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
skybuck2000

I am newb to HDMI, apperently there are 4 types, the cable I used was descr ibed on the product box as:

"High Speed HDMI Cable with ethernet"

I am now worried that this might have caused damage somehow ? Hmmm...

4 types described here, with a 5th on the way:

" Standard HDMI Cable: Provides sufficient bandwidth for only 720p and 10

80i resolution video.

Standard HDMI Cable with ethernet: Has the same bandwidth, but adds sup port for 100Mbps ethernet.

High Speed HDMI Cable: Provides more bandwidth, and can carry video wit h a resolution of 1080p or higher (up to 4096x2160, or 4K, but at a maximum refresh rate of just 24Hz, which is fine for movies, but terrible for game s). This type of cable can also handle 3D video.

High Speed HDMI Cable with ethernet: Supports the same resolutions as H igh Speed HDMI Cable, as well as 3D, and adds support for 100Mbps ethernet. "

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
skybuck2000

No

It?s probably lightning from the tin hat you are wearing

Over voltage surge can come from mains cables or external cables

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund