Have you noticed¸?

Have you noticed?

Larkin is always wrong. Study every one of his statements for sensibility... score = ZERO >:-}

He can't even get a passing score in sci.electronics.basics ...Jim Thompson

-- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at

Jim-out-of-touch-reality-Thompson strikes again.

It's true that John Larkin doesn't know as much as he should, but he does know his way around high-speed circuit design, as Phil Hobbs has also noticed.

Jim presumably doesn't.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Is that really necessary? To me that sounds like a statement the old man down the street would make about his neighbors. We try to give him a break because he's febble minded and isn't quite normal. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

What I noticed is that you are quite wrong about the LM339 thing.

Your tactic is to be wrong and declare victory. That doesn't impress anybody except maybe JF.

Precision electronic instrumentation

Yeah, well that does not take much!

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

On Sun, 4 May 2014 22:15:49 -0400, "Maynard A. Philbrook Jr." Gave us:

I think you guys spent the last ten years moving your maturity level backward 20 years.

Some of you are hard wired stupid, and you did it to yourselves!

News flash... "JF" ain't one of 'em.

And who was the retarded f*ck who cross posted this into a binary group?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

The LM339 (and LM324) below-ground-input hazard was worth mentioning. Knowing about it could keep someone out of trouble some day. The LM339 data sheets warn about it in the footnotes; Jim says can't happen because I posted the warning.

Take your choice.

Must have been Jim. He's about the only person who still posts to abse.

Precision electronic instrumentation

Jamie was probably born stupid. He's certainly been consistently dim here.

That would have been Jim Thompson - he habitually cross-posts to the binary equivalent of sci.electronics.design, and has been doing it for a long time. When he started it even made sense.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

--
True; not much at all.

Sadly, you leave me underwhelmed.
Reply to
John Fields

--
Wow! I must have done something right for you to get your tit caught
in the wringer like that.

In any case, your tactic is to be wrong and bury the evidence, which
doesn't impress _anyone_.
Reply to
John Fields

Swallow it & move on Jim. Dont drag the group down with your issues.

Reply to
Kennedy

The LM339 hazard is real.

Precision electronic instrumentation

A drop in the bucket.
Reply to
John Fields

Using your shortcomings to judge others does not make you very popular.

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

e:

l backward 20 years.

re.

oup?

nary equivalent of sci.electronics.design, and has been doing it for a long time. When he started it even made sense.

It's not my shortcomings that lead you to start a thread about using carbon composition resistors in a high voltage stack.

The upshot of that thread was that your gear had the tendency to put more v olts across the stack than the resistors were specified as being able to to lerate.

Somebody cleverer might not have needed help to realise that putting an ove r-specification voltage across a resistor might lead it to fail.

Somebody even cleverer might have realised that using a resistor with a neg ative temperature coefficient of resistance might not have been a good idea .

I've certainly posted here about the entertaining effects you can get by cr eating a "hot channel" in a carbon film resistor - I was told about it back in 1975, and shown a 10k 250mW resistor carrying an amp without bursting i nto flame (though there was a narrow discoloured line along the resistor af ter the event, presumably recording local heating above the hot channel, th ough the resistance of the part was still 10k).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

You are becoming intolerable. Basically a waste of BW.

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

:

level backward 20 years.

!

m here.

y group?

e binary equivalent of sci.electronics.design, and has been doing it for a long time. When he started it even made sense.

rbon composition resistors in a high voltage stack.

re volts across the stack than the resistors were specified as being able t o tolerate.

over-specification voltage across a resistor might lead it to fail.

negative temperature coefficient of resistance might not have been a good idea.

y creating a "hot channel" in a carbon film resistor - I was told about it back in 1975, and shown a 10k 250mW resistor carrying an amp without bursti ng into flame (though there was a narrow discoloured line along the resisto r after the event, presumably recording local heating above the hot channel , though the resistance of the part was still 10k).

You've been a waste of bandwidth since you started posting here.

This isn't an issue here. It's an unmoderated group, so it automatically to lerates everybody. We don't have to like one another much, and if what you post isn't worth reading, we can still get some value out of it by posting educational abuse to discourage others from wasting bandwidth in th e same way.

You do serve as a horrible example. Not as horrible as krw, but there's not a lot in it.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to