Happy St Patty's Day

Mo (who is half Irish) made us a Guinness Cake.

The recipe only calls for a cup of G, so she buys the big can and drinks the rest.

Cute little book, featuring St Patrick himself, "How the Irish Saved Civilization" by Cahill. No, it's not about beer.

Speaking of books, a really good romantic-novel-chic-flic sort of thing is "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society", about the German occupation of the Channel Islands, told entirely as short notes, letters, and telegrams. Set in 1946, it doesn't pick up the Tektronix thing.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

"The

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too!

I remember seeing at Sears a hat that had a built-in beer bottle opener. "Proud to be Irish," it said. I would have bought it but I'm not Irish.

The Irish know their alcohol alright.

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett