hall efect switch

i wish to use a hall efect switch as an input to a plc the input voltage to the plc is 24v dc to use such a device will need a switching transisor circuit can anyone advise me I can obtain Honywell devices from RS

Mark.

Reply to
mark.c

to make it simple, i would use an opto-isolator. connect the Collector to the 24 vDC> the emitter to the input of the PLC. on the other size, just apply a little current through the diode via a resistor (aprox 470 Ohms)in series from the HallEffect , i am sure the Hall can drive the LED inside enough..

look there for that Opto and the PDF file.

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5