Halbach Arrays

It's an EV the missus will sign off on, show her a picture of a red Model 3 in a brochure and she's going to be like "You're getting a spooooorts car? :/"

Reply to
bitrex

"Honey I know it looks bad but since I was able to get my pre-order deposit in I'll be able to get it really soon! And it's only 45 grand..." Lol you're done, son.

Reply to
bitrex

Nice, thanks. I love Halbach arrays. Probably one of the cylindrical arrays at the bottom are used in motors.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

sla is the only real EV company because they are the only one with a chargi ng solution. For GM and the others, it's like trying to sell razors before you can buy blades. But that will come in time. The one report I've read estimated it will take the competition four years to get to where Tesla is today. So they are planning on major new EVs in that time period. What i f you designed an EV party and nobody came? You'd have a Bolt!

I might have bought the red model X. But the exact red was a bit too orang e for me so I got the blue. All the women seem to love that color! No com plaints so far.

Rick C.

-+- Get 6 months of free supercharging -+- Tesla referral code -

gnuarm.deletethisbit

Hence the missus' reticence, you see...

Reply to
bitrex

Tesla is the only real EV company because they are the only one with a char ging solution. For GM and the others, it's like trying to sell razors befo re you can buy blades. But that will come in time. The one report I've re ad estimated it will take the competition four years to get to where Tesla is today. So they are planning on major new EVs in that time period. What if you designed an EV party and nobody came? You'd have a Bolt!

range for me so I got the blue. All the women seem to love that color!

I see... you are too much the lady's man, so she wishes to hobble you with a lame vehicle. I get it! Glad I don't have the problem of having to ple ase anyone I don't wish to. Women can be very easy to please when you aren 't married to them.

Rick C.

-++ Get 6 months of free supercharging -++ Tesla referral code -

gnuarm.deletethisbit

the model 3 is the Halbach array they use for the magnets. Seems this gre atly increases the magnetic field on one side of the magnets for little dow nside. The trick is being able to glue powerful magnets in an arrangement where they strongly repel one another. The guy talking about them said whe n they first saw one of these they put it in a vice to hit it with a hammer and the pieces flew apart. Lol

re how these Halbach arrays are arranged in the motor. Seems the Tesla mot or is much more powerful, lighter and cheaper to make than the motors used in the BMW i3 or the Chevy Bolt. The weights differ by about 10% but there was a bit larger difference in price with the Tesla model 3 motor being th e top dog across the board.

they have said they are going to do, make their high volume EVs in China to sell in China before they address the US market. In fact the US market is after Europe too.

I guess it's not an option for GM because they're already buying the batter y and motor/drive train from Korea (made by LG). Korea is a tiny car market t hough, China's is the largest in the world.

--Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
speff

te:

in the model 3 is the Halbach array they use for the magnets. Seems this g reatly increases the magnetic field on one side of the magnets for little d ownside. The trick is being able to glue powerful magnets in an arrangemen t where they strongly repel one another. The guy talking about them said w hen they first saw one of these they put it in a vice to hit it with a hamm er and the pieces flew apart. Lol

sure how these Halbach arrays are arranged in the motor. Seems the Tesla m otor is much more powerful, lighter and cheaper to make than the motors use d in the BMW i3 or the Chevy Bolt. The weights differ by about 10% but the re was a bit larger difference in price with the Tesla model 3 motor being the top dog across the board.

ost

own

t they have said they are going to do, make their high volume EVs in China to sell in China before they address the US market. In fact the US market is after Europe too.

ery

though, China's is the largest in the world.

So why can't GM design and build their own components in China or anywhere else they want?