Hack for Parts?

I saw this Video memo recorder this morn, for $21.40 Free shipping. If prices get much lower, they will be paying us to take them! Video camera, Video display, Memory, audio. Should be hackable for something.

Mikek

PS. I had an order around Christmas, it took 29 days to arrive, but it did!

Reply to
amdx

That's a lot of technology to replace a post-it or a whiteboard.

John

id!

I wonder if it uses the Chinese amped up version of the old Zilog Z-80. A list of chip makers and numbers could be very informative.

Reply to
Greegor

Dunno how they do it, even in China. E.g., over here we have a cigarrette gas lighter sell at 3 for about US$0.20. Those with a built-in flashlight made up of a white LED and 3 button cells + switch go for 20c each. They'd probably be cheaper if the equivalent of 20 US cents wasn't a convenient round figure in our currency. A single button cell of that size (for watches) sells in the white market for $0.50-1.00!!

Reply to
Pimpom

..

did!

I've seen picture frames in that price range based on lpc2103 and SSD1926

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

How would you interpret this !!!!

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

morn, for $21.40 Free shipping.

did!

What's with the photo credit?? LOL

Reply to
Greegor

for $21.40 Free shipping.

Reminds me of the lead-acid marine 12 volt batteries I saw in Baja Mexico a few years ago, the brand name on them was Gonner.

W.

Reply to
wilby

for $21.40 Free shipping.

What photo credit? All I see is the watermarks to keep someone else from using the photos.

Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Along with "Meanwell" SMPS power supplies.

Reply to
Dennis

And Sure Fire electrical connetors..

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

'Meanwell' is a phonetic translation of the two Chinese characters that make up the name of the Taiwan-based manufacturer. The characters individually mean something like "shiny" and "latitude", but together, AFAIUI, there's no obvious meaning (other than just a name).

The pronunciation in Mandarin is ming2 wei3

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I guess shiny == good & latitude == height or level, makes sense in an Asian waY. :)

Reply to
Dennis

A few US automobiles had names that were extremely unfortunate in some other language.

Some Pakistani immigrants laugh when they see a large LUND boat going down the highway on a trailer because in their language it means penis.

Reply to
Greegor

Just ask an english speaking astronomer anything about Uranus:)

Reply to
asdf

These power supplies are actually quite good (and cheap).

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Or the Mazda Laputa.

Reminds me of a story from a Dutch art painter who worked in Sweden. At some point he needed white paint. He could not get it in Sweden so he went to Holland to get a large container of white paint. The Dutch word for white is wit. The moment he stepped on the boat to Sweden people started to giggle when they saw the container with paint. Same at the Swedish customs and during the bus drive to his home in Sweden. Even his Swedish girlfriend started to laugh when he arrived. She explained to him WIT (which was written on the container with big letters) is slang for vagina in Sweden.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

I've heard that the Chevy Nova was a total flop in Mexico. :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

"An urban legend claims that the vehicle sold poorly in Spanish-speaking countries because its name, spaced no va, literally translates to "it doesn't go." This has since been debunked.[19] As noted by Snopes.com, the legend would be akin to an American not buying a dinette set called Notable, because they thought it meant they had no table.[19]"

--
Virg Wall
Reply to