Google Project Bloks

Yeah - like this is really going to catch on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuRTS35ouTs

Re: Google Project Bloks
On Tue, 11 Jul 2017 08:03:00 -0700 (PDT),

That's cool: 2D arrangement of functions instead of lines of text.

I prefer schematic design and block diagrams to text. You can absorb a
diagram instantly, and zero in on an interesting part, instead of
reading through thousands of lines of jumbled punctuation and
abstraction.

I think that we will eventually have some really good graphical
programming languages, something like LabView done better.

Like the lady says, some people relate to spatial arrangements and
objects and flow better than pages of text.

All kids should be exposed to some programming (and machining, and
electronics) even if it's not their career path. These blocks look
great.

lunatic fringe electronics

Re: Google Project Bloks

I suppose it's the modern version of these
http://www.petervis.com/electronics-lab/denshi-board-sr3a/denshi-board-sr3a/denshi-board-sr3a-blocks.gif

NT

Re: Google Project Bloks

My grandson is expressing some interest in electronics. I think I'll
start with a 9V battery and some axial resistors and LEDs and clip
leads, and do the math to set the currents and brightness. Kids love
LEDs.

lunatic fringe electronics

Re: Google Project Bloks

Give him some RGB leds and watch his eyes light up.

Re: Google Project Bloks

Don't use such a high voltage!  ;-)

Re: Google Project Bloks

I was more into NE-2H neon lamps in my kindergarten days.  I remember
taking apart a night light.  "What's this 22K resistor for, Daddy?"
"Plug it in without it and see."

Small explosions are good teaching aids.  Between the flying glass shards
and the arc flash, this one wasn't all that small.  So it was an even better
teaching aid.

-- john, KE5FX

Re: Google Project Bloks

You'll probably like this too