Google Earth Mac problem...

I need your help on a little problem: We are using Google Earth for some of our new Hanging Canal papers. This file

works just fine for PC users, but one Mac user ends up with a symptom of "stuck on South America".

Does the file work for you on a Mac? It is supposed to show zoomable and panable Safford basin prehistoric canals.

The problem could be the user's JavaScript, not waiting for a full load, ISP issues with carriage returns versus linefeeds ( we already elimated all of these from the coordinate data string ), or my own .kml coding errors.

Note that a .kml file can be viewed in any word processor.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster

Hi Don,

Seems to work spiffy for me. Or it takes me to SW USA, not south america, and there are a bunch of purple lines which I assume are your canals.

Mac OS 10.7.4

Google Earth 6.1.0.5001

Ecnerwal

Try having the user clear his cache:

That usually clears up oddities and anomalies.

Your canals KML looks fine on my XP box. I haven't tried it on my antique Mac G4 yet.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Thank you.

The problem apparently turned out to be an extra ending Marijilda comma, which parsed differently on their particular MAC implementation.

The root cause of it all, of course, was when they went from 110 Baud to

150. Its been hell in a handbasket ever since.

BTW - besides being an electronic type (THE electronic type?), these canals are orders of magnitude beyond world class engineering for energy efficiency and creativity.

Latest links shortly at

Many thanks,

Don Lancaster

Works with mine. Google Earth 6.1.0.5001, and OS X 10.7.4.

--

Tauno Voipio
Reply to