Good cheap pcb designs software.

Altium the company, or Altium the product?

Because Circuit Studio does that (cloud and subscription based). But that's not the pro version, mind. (I see in subsequent replies it was a confusion. There is a kind of truth to it however, as you can see. Just being specific.)

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
 Click to see the full signature

I do them in JavaScript. Could do BASIC, but bluh, so crusty. Plus they're accessible _literally anywhere_!

Have also been working on a more dynamic tool,

(mouse over the schematic to see add/delete buttons and tooltips; somewhat broken in newer Chrome, I don't know why), for real-time tuning of ladder networks.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Williams

Don't tell anybody, but Python looks a lot like BASIC.

None of the LC things seem to work for me.

 Click to see the full signature

Not sure what your problem is. We are talking about Autodesk. CadSoft Eagle was bought by Autodesk in 2017. Their TOS allowed them to rummage through your folders and upload your files for distribution to third parties.

Their new TOS in May 2018 still allows them to do that, but now they have to get your permission to distribute your files to third parties.

It doesn't matter. No software has my permission to rummage through my disk looking for files to upload. I'm not interested in any program that has that capability. The risks of malware exposing confidential information are too great, or employees selling your stuff.

Fortunately, I'm running on Eagle 7.0 before Autodesk bought CadSoft, so I don't have any of these problems.

The moral of the story is to monitor your TOS. They can change it at any time. Anytime they give the software the ability to upload files is the time to leave.

Reply to
Steve Wilson

You mean they both use the word "print" ? Or that there is a strong overlap in the operators used for arithmetic - an overlap they share with the solid majority of programming languages?

Both are languages that are designed to be relatively easy to learn and straightforward to read.

And if you are writing a small, simple piece of imperative code the it is likely to have a similar structure in BASIC (at least, reasonably modern BASIC's) and Python. But then, it will be similar structure in Javascript, Lua, Scala, or a dozen other languages.

As your programs get bigger or more demanding, the languages diverge rapidly.

Reply to
David Brown

I used DesignSpark for rapid prototyping when I was working.

It can output a Spice Netlist, but I never used that utility.

Brian

--
Brian
Reply to

FreePCB is pretty good. It was written by an excellent software guy who is also a circuit designer. It is easy to learn, easy to use. Being FOSS it is infinitely customizable and self-supportable if you decide you need any features improved.

I used it to design multi-million dollar boards. Oh, I can give the package to any of the places that build and test my product so they can view the design when debugging. Otherwise they want ODB++ files which FreePCB doesn't spit out.

Rick C.

Tesla referral code -

Get 6 months of free supercharging

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Change a value in one of the input boxes.

Reply to
John S