glob-top thermals

I've seen that on something; it looks cool.

The really good glob-top 1-part epoxy is black and shiny and very hard.

We want to hide things too!

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

How about a hole in the board underneath the resistor to allow convection? Is this going to be a high production device? If not, you might consider standing the resistor on end to expose more surface to the air.

Reply to
rangerssuck

This will be a baby board that mounts flat, as a component, onto a bigger board, so there will be no convection. Standing a resistor up would cause my production staff to stop sharing their donuts.

I think I can squeeze in a giant 2512 resistor, which should be good at 0w8 (that's a joke, son)

lunatic fringe electronics