gigaamp current generator Winfield:-)

perfect switch zero Henry wires --\------- | | === | zeo ohm resistor | | --------- perfect cap charged to whatever Volts

Spice it!

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Cayenne Pepper?

Reply to
Robert Baer

Can you simulate a superconducting inductor in LTSpice? Let the current go round and round and round...

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

On a sunny day (Sun, 29 Nov 2015 09:21:48 -0500 (EST)) it happened bitrex wrote in :

Yes, supper-conducters came to my mind too. I still have a piece of YBCO-123 disk from can-superconductors.com not sure if I can get a circulating current to run in it.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I should read up on superconduction stuff again someday. I tried to learn a bit several years ago, but the theory seemed difficult, and I didn't understand enough quantum mechanics to follow it.

I've taken an online QM course in the meantime and did pretty well, skimmed a few books since then...I still don't fully understand it but maybe enough to follow the reasoning now.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

On a sunny day (Sun, 29 Nov 2015 10:49:12 -0500 (EST)) it happened bitrex wrote in :

There seems to be some uncertainty, I have read about Couper pairs, but then recently an other paper made me wonder.. (Cannot seem to find it) Oh here:

In My Not So humble Opinion (IMNSHO) kwantuum mecca-nix is total whatsitcalled QUACK.

It reminds me of 'epicycles' in the medieval times explaining the motion of the planets, It could only be understood by a select few 'scientist' then the peers. I think it was Feynman (I have his lectures somewhere you can download those as videos at some place) who was responsible for mathematics replacing understanding. Well, probabilities. That theory is wrong. At that time of Copenhagen conference (where that Copenhagen interpretation comes from) there were several theories presented. One was by De Broglie (Nobel winner BTW), and called 'pilot theory'.

I am with that,

The old joke was something like:

3 scientists go mad (probably after being bitten by Schroedinger's cats) and are admitted to the mad house. After a few years the Doctor decides to test if they are cured, so he prepares a few simple questions. Calls them in his office, asks the first one: 'How much is 3 x 7?' "November" replies the first one. 'Sorry' the Doctor says, 'you will have to stay a bit longer',.. Calls the second one. 'How much is 4 + 5 ?' "Uranus" the second one replies.

No, Doctor says, you will have to stay a while longer too. Then he asks the third one: 'How much is 12 x 4?' "48" the third one replies. Doctor is happy, 'you can leave, he says'.

As he guides the third one out of the door somehow he gets some doubt, 'How did you arrive at that number 48?' he asks the third one. "Simple" the third one says, "I took November and multiplied it by Uranus".

There is QM.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Well, except that now it's given as an undergraduate course to all physics majors. And while the theory is certainly incomplete, it seems to describe reality well enough to make accurate predictions in the domains in which it is valid.

While exactly how to interpret the "meaning" of the postulates of QM in a philosophical sense is certainly an open question, the mathematics itself is not particularly difficult.

In some ways it's simpler and more elegant than the Newtonian formulation of classical mechanics, which often doesnt seem very elegant at all.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

On a sunny day (Sun, 29 Nov 2015 16:22:32 -0500 (EST)) it happened bitrex wrote in :

Panteltje:

yes, ze worlt is fool of mysteries.

try reading one of the many papers published in physics. Almost every single one these days ends with With some more research this may bring a quantum computer much closer.

To the point where NSA and whatever agency claims to have one operating that can do better than factor the number what was it? so 2 digit one with help. (IBM). Years and years go by and billions of dollaars are spent building things build on calculations with that QM theory like ITER that should provide us with clean energy from fusion. None of it works,. The whole science of these days in that field is quack, just a social project for people who have had their brain damaged by being forced to 'do the math' with theories that even contradict each other.

Go ahead, defend them.

I have stated many times for many years that a quantum computer is essentially just an analog computer, with all its drawbacks such as noise.. Planck himself stated they were misinterpreting his results and giving it too much importance. The whole idea of a 'photon' is just a mathematical construct but people treat it as a particle. Enstein was give the Nobel (as many other Nobels to their receivers) for political reasons for 'photon'. That has done more damage to science than anything.

IF humming beans survive WW3 (4.98 years from now) then May Bee some day some not biased (no nothing to do with tronix) person will find where it went wrong and that burden of todays theories will not hamper them to build a yet better weapon to destroy the galaxy (tm) and beyond.

Truly I can only joke about it, Hollywood makes movies about it, Planet of The Apes comes to mind.

It _is_ in a way build into our education system and genetics, Kids are raised to see what they are told to see, not the think for themselves, The ones who drop out and find more practical things to do help humanity a bit further.

On the bright side stupidity and peer parroting does not always stop innovation, especially in a war situation. Nobody cares about peers when their life is at stake.

The guys at CERN were put on that job to provide us with clean energy, and especially a better weapon (than the atom bomb), that is what they were squeezed out of the school benches for, with the misconception that replacing free thinking with just do the math shut up and calculate will make them discover new things Clearly proven wrong. I have always stated (hundreds of times in sci.physics) that 'If you cannot do it with those small particles on the lab desktop, then you cannot do it in a machine the size of the universe'

I do not get these insights from theory only, I have been there, I know some of those guys. The coocoo part was clear to me after somebody proudly told me that they did 35 years of calculation from data collected by a couple of photo-multipliers surrounding a big tank. I was polite and did not say anything, but knowing a bit (even at that time) of tronix LOL, you gotta be ???! Well that is why the joke. If your theory gives the right answer, it does NOT mean it is the right description or reality,

OTOH we, being the ant that creeps on the wall build by the human architect, with just enough neurons and senses to smell where the other ant went and where food is, and a build in neural net to protect ourselves and the species offering yourself if need be, CANNOT understand the motivation, drawings, and social structure the human architect operates in, that caused the wall to be build in the first place, and the ant in fact does not need that, Those who search for the TEO of the beast so to speak the Theory Of Everything, should realize they are just a bunch of neurons, slightly more than that ant, will never understand 'everything', not on the ever smaller level, and not on the ever bigger level, and just take a step back and well there you are, humming beans we are and humming beans we stay,

Stars are born and stars die, we will likely, as species, end here, perhaps just like specks of dust maybe spread to an other galaxy far from here where (plays starwars tune) blah blah, great, I want a ticket and want to see it, once it proven safe. but am not holding my breath. So, I am still not awake yet, so you poor beans plz fergif me if I insullated any of you great scientits, but really, well in my case the professor got into a fit when I slightly suggested he could be wrong, anyways I think he figured but not sure..

Back to tronix.

I see you are evading the subject of giggle-amps, eh mega-amps?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje