Gift Ideas for Electronics Designers

And..one more goofy post before taking off on holidays...

Gift Ideas For Electronics Designers

----------- New Oscilloscopes Quad core hyperthreading PC with Raid and 3 24" LCD wide screen monitors Mouser gift card (If it exists) Digital camera for macro photography Digital calipers DMM

Somewhat Lame Gifts

----------- Heat shrink tubing Solder sucker Roll of wire Heavy Duty type batteries Electrical tape.. multiple colors Cheapo Scope Probe Bag of assorted axial carbon resistors Any books featuring "Mr. Electron" Goggles

Last year I got the ColdHeat Soldering pen. I still haven't used it..

What Some Posters are Wishing for:

----------- Various physics, chemistry and math books. Neutral silicone Non-yellowing 2 part epoxy. A box load of DVD repair manuals or a new DVD player.. Issue of playboy featuring Bill Gates wife. The "Mr. Electron" book. An engineering degree. Google for Dummies book. :)

Happy Holidays D

Reply to
D from BC

:) A box of assorted negative capacitors would be usefull. A decent operating system.

50inch flat HDTV (prefererably led). pocket sized foundry.

Colin =^.^=

Reply to
colin

AoE3?

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Real kill filters. Hit the "Kill" button and the offender's computer explodes. Make it open hunting season on trolls year round, with no daily limit on kills.

Arrest spammers, process and can them, then ship THAT spam to a third world county, where that can at least do a little good for the world.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Dear Santa, I'd like a two transistor, small signal amp, that does X5 to

100mc, from a 1500ohm source.
john jardine

I don't suppose that you have tried a sizlaki(?) pair?

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

Yes. 'Sziklai' 'twas the first port of call. Using 4GHz transistors got ... NPN PNP pair ran to 80MHz with an unusable 160 degs of phase shift.

2N3819 Fet and PNP pair , to 32MHz with 155 degs shift. Also ... A standard cascode pair gave 55MHz and 150 degrees A Shunt-series pair, gave 55MHz with a useable 138 degs phase shift. Best by far was just a plain ol' differential pair, giving 82MHz and a miserly 125 degrees of shift!. I might tweek the diff pair. Or better still, (seeing as a customer isn't paying for it) just alter my goalposts :) john
john jardine