Ghostly Chorus of Crickets

This is really eerie:

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

The katydid's were if full throat (or leg) early last night, before sundown... which is unusual. I think because it was a warm day (~70's F) and it's their last chance to breed before the frost comes. Time to pull out all the stops and find a mate.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

It's been in the 50's at night here the last 2 weeks. Nice and dry. Now the remnants of Harvey are about to pass thru. That global warming isn't quite materializing.

Martin Riddle

Martin Riddle wrote on 9/12/2017 6:34 PM:

Lol! I've never seen better parody!

--
Rick C

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
rickman

It's been in the 30s at night here. We were just sitting here talking about turning the heat on. ...in September? After the hurricane (tropical storm) blew through, it got cool. We were without power for a day, so that probably didn't help the inside temperature.

Reply to
krw

I heard a really weird cicada sound the other day. Turned out it wasn't a c icada at all, it was bluejay imitating cicada in the hope of attracting the m or maybe getting them to respond and give away their location. Dunno why the bird suddenly developed an appetite for cicadas, he has plenty of other stuff to eat.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I had a mocking bird mock my computer beeps. Had one mock the neighbor's parakeet, too. I was taking care of their house at the time and was panicked looking for the escaped budgie.

Reply to
krw