Get rid of your television

Get rid of your television. It's the top cause of all the violence in our world. Every day thousands of people are killed on tv, and that reflects the deaths in the world. If you have any of these "death boxes" in your home. Take the biggest hammer you can find, and smash it into hundreds of pieces. (Be sure to unplug it first).

Lets rid the world of televisions!!!!

Reply to
bbq-master

In de USA, that should be. Death and violence is not so popular on TV in other places in the world.

Reply to
Rob

Rob wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@xs9.xsall.nl:

What? The same programming can be viewed anywhere in the world.

Our "big three" still exists and they are not all about death and violence.

Cable channels are not either.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I have a coffee klatch breakfast twice a week. The 5 of of us have been watching TV for over 50 years each. I see no violence or death at any of our breakfasts! Is this one of those, but only if you watch for 100 years things?

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

John Doe wrote in news:qla1bm$cb3$1 @dont-email.me:

Open

not

"television" and "TV" are terms that refer to the veiwing act not the hardware on which you view it. You actually prove that. You "watch TV" every time you view other than computer related media on your PC (hard to word that exactly right, but you know what I mean). The simple fact that you now have the network bandwidth and computer power (and software) to perform that act utilizing your computer does not negate the fact that it is the same act as when you had a TV and tuned into a channel to watch an 'aired' program.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Less and less. Surely, 25 years ago we had all those USA shows on TV here. Now, not so much.

Reply to
Rob

Michael Terrell wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Terrelll spouts bullshit about others all the time.

More Trumpesque bullshit.

Bullshit. The NRA was founded to promote firearm accuracy. They teach firearm safety and competency. Since 1975, however, they have been a political puppet set against the legislators in the US wanting to refine the 2nd amendment to better manage those NOT allowed to have a firearm. We simply want "crazy" added to the only current "no felons" standard. The NRA are a bunch of assholes. The members of the NRA are not, except for the jokers like you who have a bent perspective on everything bellering bullshit like an elephant.

Like I said... You could not be more full of shit. Too much of a pussy to argure over it too.

Good job, Terrell, of being a man... NOT!!!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

bitrex wrote in news:Ok1eF.146580$ snipped-for-privacy@fx16.iad:

Like the idiot(s) that told you that "white bread" was bad. And then you went and believed them.

White bread is not bad for you. It simply is not as good for you as a whole grain bread dough makes. Big deal.

Idiots like you act like it is poison.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

No, I believed it after trying both eating it & not doing. It is bad news for me.

How the heck would you know? Hacked my medical files?

No I don't. Nor am I an idiot. You OTOH couldn't even get the basic attribution right, let alone put together a factual logical argument.

Reply to
tabbypurr

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

You retarded remark states otherwise.

That is decidedly not true, and this repsonse post further proves it. You could not even see the lesson for what it was.

Oh darn. It was not the idiot I responded to but the other idiot. And you were idiotic enough to respond barking about your precious medical files. Are you the dopey ditz who took a shit in a field and saw a plane and then claimed it was 'filming you'? You sure sound like him.

"Not as good" IS a factual, logical argument, putz boy.

Also, I spoke of the bread, not of you, so your 'medical files' have nothing to do with it, you reading comprehension compromised twit.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Lol! That's a joke!!! British TV I know is very violent. I can't say the y have more or less of it, but they can be very graphic with it. I've neve r seen anyone get their face shoved into a deep fryer on US TV. Same with many violent scenes, the British equivalent is much more graphic.

US violence is often nearly make believe with people falling dead, but no b lood, etc. Hardly produces much impact.

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

come back when you know what's going on.

Reply to
tabbypurr

We have less of it, but it is, arguably, more realistic.

I've never seen a final scene containing "I've been on to the hospital and the doctors say he'll be All Right"

Another, very visceral, illustration was the difference between two contemporary depictions of the aftermath of nuclear war.

US: "The Day After", where after a couple of /days/ the cavalry was seen on the horizon.

UK: "Threads", which depicted the decline over months, and the final scene 13 years later was a 14yo mother looking at her newborn, and screaming.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

That would be the day after Armageddon?

Reply to
Michael Terrell

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1fda2b17-37f9-46f8-8477- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Don't come back, because you never will know what is going on.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Michael Terrell wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

"wound care"???

What? Did an antenna tower fall onto your molar?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Don't worry, Terrell. You'll be standing naked before Christ making Trumpesque excuses for your pathetic, gate denying sins on the same day.