GBps to MB/s

WD 2TB Elements Portable External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBU6Y0020BBK-WESN

Plug

Yes, have done that all I see is NTFS

There are also PC

Don't you just hate that!

Sorry.

Ya, I did get in. It required a space between 1250 and MB/s. 1250 MB/s Even the the question didn't show that way. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Now that I've been allowed to become a member of the Mediasonic forum, I hope a factory rep will fill in all the details for the HW150. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

amdx wrote in news:q2ctf2$pla$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

It must just be syntax.

Think 8 bit words.

So essentially divide by ten to make up for ecc and overhead.

Your post title is wrong too. It should be a lower case "b" as in bits per second instead of bytes per second

Gb/s to MB/s

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

amdx wrote in news:q2d2q5$tr5$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

exfat

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I think your answer is the correct one. I think most others have overlooked the fact that the common interpretation of a byte is 8 bits.

Reply to
John S

Reformatting required for other operating systems. Looks like a Windoze only hard disk, which means 4K sectors and GPT partitioning since it's over 1TB. My guess(tm) is that your DVR doesn't know about GPT.

Thanks.

That was my first guess(tm).

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Very good. What can go wrong now? My guess(tm) is that you'll get your questions answered in French.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

Reply to
bitrex

bitrex wrote in news:sNJ2E.84910$ snipped-for-privacy@fx24.iad:

I have spectrum at 100 Mb/s

When I DL an ISO image of Ubuntu Studio, I get an inbound stream at

13.6 MB/s.

That is my connection pretty much maxed out.

The exception is that I can get that stream coming in and still get other 'sockets' moving at a pretty good clip too.

So I am most definitely getting full service at the advertised rate.

Way better than fool service, but we end up that way when the bill arrives.

Cable and internet should be about half what it is. The cable companies are making hundreds of millions a month, and that is way over their operating costs. Greedy bastards... that is what cable companies are.

And all this "oh, you do not have that channel, would you like to upgrade?" shit is lame too.

Reply to
DLUNU

Yes, made for more confusion, I'm too good at that. Mikek

amdx

Had to use this,

The drive was GPT and it was successfully converted to MBR. (and says it is MBR)

However, the Mediasonic still says "No disk Detected" The hard drive light is on, using an external power supply. So, back to the genius at the Mediasonic forum.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx