Gas Powered Alarm Clock Receives Energy Star Certification

or as a common vernacular expression in the Boston area goes - "wicked retahded."

Reply to
bitrex

Will 1.23 microwatts suffice to run an LCD digital clock? (25:59 and worth watching)

Tritium powered LED:

Drivel: Long ago, I was involved in getting a product UL certified. At one point, the lab managed to damage the device. I complained and was told not to worry, it will probably pass. That's because UL is only interested in whether the device constitutes a safety hazard, not whether it works or does anything useful. So much for UL certification. I would guess(tm) that Energy Star might have a similar philosophy.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

The employees do the job they were told to do. Then people seem to get upset when they don't do some other job they weren't asked to do. I dunno about anyone else but I don't generally work for free.

Reply to
bitrex

You'd have to ship product to be caught. and then it would be fraud.

Jasen Betts

ch

mall

e company

and

as

he certification guidelines and going down the checklist. "Yep, everything is in order on this one. Stamp it."

You're more ignorant than I have surmised. On a scale of 1-10, your knowled ge and maturity rating is get close to 0.

"Whoever, being a public officer or other person authorized by any law of t he United States to make or give a certificate or other writing, knowingly makes and delivers as true such a certificate or writing, containing any st atement which he knows to be false, in a case where the punishment thereof is not elsewhere expressly provided by law, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both."- and they are separated fo rm government employment.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Well, of *course* UL only tests for safety. They're not Consumer Reports!

Reply to
krw

A government program to categorize and report to consumers on efficiency figures that are voluntarily submitted, categorizes and reports the figures that were voluntarily submitted.

A company that tests products for safety hazards only tests products for safety hazards.

A social media company that makes its profit from caching user activity and classifying it for advertisers, caches user activity and classifies it for advertisers.

These are all some get the f*ck out science facts right here

Reply to
bitrex

Right, OP is acting like if some company did slip some phony data by the government attorneys working at the Energy Star office and shipped the product, other government attorneys would leaping at the chance to prosecute their colleagues for something and put them in prison.

Heh that's probably a little naive.

Reply to
bitrex