Garrett Mfg AVRO G-Limiting Computer

Before I forget, or lose this thing in the junk pile (again), I'm posting photos and schematics for an AVRO G-Limiting Computer, made by Garrett Mfg in ~1956.

This includes an early vacuum tube op amp packaging example using subminiature valves.

A general 'where-used' inquiry hasn't had much of a return. It likely came from a part storage facility when the Downsview Air Base was decommissioned in the late 70's / early 80's.

It is likely to be a little too early to have been a component in the CF105's fly-by-wire electronics. G-Limiters might find employment anywhere where a mfr was reluctant to let humans inadvertently bend (or break) their equipment.

It would be great if someone could mount these somewhere where they had at least a slim chance of showing up in a google search result.

RL

Reply to
legg

I used to work on equipment built like this. Pure Nostalgia. Thanks!

Reply to
Steve Wilson

I think '56 is when Avro were working on the flying saucer.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr