Future Generations Need Not Worry About Climate Change

There should be a rule like that in this newsgroup. lol

What kind of place do you live where you don't have dives?

--

Rick C
Reply to

We have lots of them

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

It's sad that all these greenies want to do is preach, but not themselves do much to reduce their CO2 emission.

I've provided thousands of multichannel power loggers for utility load studies. Designed two major systems for the world's biggest fusion project. Instrumented next-generation jet engines for Pratt (GTF) and Rolls and GE. Instrumented locomotive engines for research.

I've done literally a million times more to save energy than any one of these preachy whiney greenies. They seem to be mad at me because I enjoy life too.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

JL, I really don't want to get into it, but Trump is the biggest fear monger we have now, everything is terrible, and only he can fix it.

GH

Reply to
George Herold

He's not a wuss. If anything, he's overconfident.

Saything that things are screwed up, and that you're going to fix them, is not fear mongering. Well, unless you're a government employee.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

No one is mad at you for living or anything else that I know of. The simple fact is that when people call you on your shit, you take it as an attack.

--

Rick C
Reply to

That is so true. He has literally said that so many times it's amazing! Sad.

--

Rick C
Reply to

Saying *everything* is the worst it has ever been is exactly the definition of fear mongering.

But of course he doesn't want anyone else in government to tell us how bad it is. They might say it's not really as bad as Trump makes it out to be.

--

Rick C
Reply to

Since the only effective action available that's compatible with retaining our relatively energy-intensive life-style involves the large scale replace ment of fossil-carbon burning energy generation with renewable sources, pre aching does seem to be the way to go. What I could do about my own carbon e missions would put off the climate Armageddon by about 5 msec. Pushing for a more enlightened public opinion does seem more cost-effective.

Wonderful. And you wouldn't have done any of it if you weren't being paid l ots of money to do it.

Nobody is mad at you because you enjoy life. What I don't like about you is your habit of posting links to Anthony Watts's denialist websites, and you r failure to understand that he's a paid propagandist for the fossil carbon extraction industry.

In that area you aren't a productive professional, but a gullible sucker.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Sadly, all the fears about anthropogenic global warming are entirely justif ied, even if John Larkin doesn't know enough to follow the justification.

I've known a few who were scared silly of getting anything wrong and were s uper careful. Their stuff worked, and kept on working. Fixing stuff that st ops working on a customer site is rather expensive, and the kind of bad eng ineering that leads to that is worth worrying about.

Being nervous didn't stop the nervous guys being creative, but it did make them careful to think through what their creations were going to do.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

He's an ignorant egomaniac. Over-confidence on steroids. Rather like you.

You are right. It's not fear mongering. The claim that things are screwed u p isn't convincing if they aren't - so somebody else has done the fear-mong ering/ investigative reporting that has already demonstrated that certain a spect of society aren't working as well as they should.

The claim that you can fix the problem is hope-mongering. In Trump's case i t is confidence trickery - he doesn't seem to have solved a problem in his life, and his unique talent seems to be his capacity to recognise a disaste r early enough to let him get out without losing his shirt.

Quite when he will give up on being president is hard to predict, but he's clearly not enjoying the job at the moment.

Mike Pence isn't going to be much of an improvement. He shares your belief in "intelligent design".

which means he hasn't heard about the laryngeal nerve in the giraffe.

Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to
bill.sloman

Sounds like a heap of scientists contradicting one another. We know whose side you're on.

Too bad it didn't kill everyone off, eh?

lunatic fringe electronics

e:

:

ote:

t global

small

or

ned

portant your life and plans appear to you, mother nature does not give a sh yte.

,

et

's

when she dropped an irrelevant asteroid on their little red wagon. Anthropo genic global warming isn't quite as much of a bolt from the blue as the kil ler asteroid was, but denying anthropogenic global warming is about as effe ctive a reaction to it as anything the dinosaurs could come up with.

human race. They estimate this one knocked down the population of h*mo sapi en to a few thousand individuals worldwide

ba_catastrophe_theory

Where are the contradictions?

Anthony Watts doesn't believe in anthropogenic global warming, but he isn't a scientist. The Proceedings of the National Academy of Science published a paper a year or so ago - I've referred to it here before - which asserted that 290 of the top 300 climate scientist accept the evidence for anthropo genic global warming.

I think I can identify at least three of the ten hold-outs and none of them have rational objections to the proposition.

The may be a very small heap of scientist contradicting the majority opinio n, but not a heap you'd want to bet on.

The rational majority?

Perhaps it did, and we are the descendants of some other great ape that mov ed into the cursorial hunter niche after the first group that tried it died out.

Evolution has a way of filling empty ecological niches.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Common Bill, Ex-VP Gore has gotten rich spouting off about Global Warming/Climate change. Very rich indeed.

Give us a break with how wonderful the greenies all are. They all have their own agenda, and a number of them think the human race is a cancer that should be wiped from the face of the earth. Hell, they should be in league with the extremist religious nuts who believe the end of the world is upon us and, in fact, we should hurry things along a bit if we can. Perhaps have a nice little nuclear war to speed up the process...

What a bunch of self-serving do-gooders (in their own minds).

Bill, could be called a denialist for refusing to consider that perhaps the theory of CO2 being the main cause of the recent warming (since the Little Ice Age?) is not entirely valid.

Coincidence is not causation after all.

Are you a trained climate scientist or just another mortal trying to figure out what the hell is going on like most of us? And are you so sure the professionals who espouse CO2 as the driver for climate change don't have their hands in the cookie jar of subsidies and toadyism?

Remember Climategate?

John

Reply to
John Robertson

,

ing our relatively energy-intensive life-style involves the large scale rep lacement of fossil-carbon burning energy generation with renewable sources, preaching does seem to be the way to go. What I could do about my own carb on emissions would put off the climate Armageddon by about 5 msec. Pushing for a more enlightened public opinion does seem more cost-effective.

id lots of money to do it.

I don't think that many of them are all that wonderful. Al Gore was rich be fore his undergraduate enthusiasm for climate science started paying off - he wrote "The Earth in the Balance" in 1991, long before there was any pros pect of making money out of it.

is a > cancer that should be wiped from the face of the earth.

This is one of John Larkin's favourite lines. I've never actually run into a greenie who said anything of the sort, but if one didn't exist the denial ist lobby would have had to invent one.

eve

g a

If you are going to invent lunatic greenies, you might as well invent a few that was a religious nutcases as well.

That's a different bunch of lunatics.

How does endorsing the reality of anthropogenic global warming serve anybod y's interests (beyond giving their descendants a better chance of survival) ?

u is your habit of posting links to Anthony Watts's denialist websites, and your failure to understand that he's a paid propagandist for the fossil ca rbon extraction industry.

I'm happy to consider all the alternative explanations. It doesn't take lon g.

True, but having more of a greenhouse gas in the atmosphere and a rise in g lobal temperature does look very like cause and effect.

The alternation between ice ages (when the atmospheric CO2 content is about 180ppm) and interglacials (when it is roughly 270ppm, until some tool-usin g ape starts digging up coal and burning it) does suggest some kind of infl uence.

If you dig into the planet's heat flows for the two different conditions, y ou find that the CO2 level in the atmosphere is a significant factor. Ice a nd snow cover in the northern hemisphere is the other biggy, and water vapo ur makes up the rest of the difference (but that's very directly determined by global surface temperature, so it works as a dependent variable).

r.

I've got a Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry which gave me enough background to l et me follow the scientific arguments. I'm fairly sure that I do know what' s going on.

Climate science doesn't work like economics. You can get money out of the H eartlands Institute for denying anthropogenic global warming, but most of t he academics involved work for universities, who couldn't care less which s ide you endorse, and do care whether your papers get published an cited.

Sure. I've even got a copy of Fred Pearce's "The Climate Files", which I've read. Fred Pearce is an English language science journalist, and doesn't u nderstand science all that well, so he wasn't that happy about the East Ang lia academics ganging up on a denialist interloper who got himself onto the editorial board of a minor journal and proceeded to publish a denialist pa per, despite getting four referee's report that told him it was rubbish.

The journal initially refused to fire the editor, but the rest of the edito rial board then resigned, which got the message across to the publisher.

Fred Pearce thought this was some kind of violation of freedom of speech. T he rest of his book entirely vindicates the people whose e-mails got hacked .

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Seems to me the people who paid for these products are the ones who actuall y did something. You make it sound like 1) you identified the need for your products, 2) sold the idea to potential users, and 3) gave the products aw ay. What you were really doing is responding to RFPs. You could just as eas ily have been working on disco lighting system or drug dispensing machine.. .

In your mind maybe...keep dreaming.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

How can you believe that? Fifteen-plus years after 9/11 he invokes emergency powers to arbitrarily close our borders to a large number of travelers.

A coward can never have too many walls.

Reply to
whit3rd

You think he's doing that out of personal fear?

lunatic fringe electronics

I am not a big fan of Trump. And I am sure he is not the only one that can fix things. But I have to give him credit, in that he seems one of the few that actually are trying to fix things.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Bill Clinton's response to terrorism was to blockade the streets near the White House.

http://www.avg.com
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso