funny

Boric acid is not particularly toxic to mammals, reptiles, or fish.

but yeah keep it away form tarantellas and other invertibrates if you want them to survive.

--
     ?
Reply to

Or South America- Leiningen Versus the Ants

Links to streaming audio from the golden age of radio at the bottom

--sp

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I've heard the radio version of 'Leiningen Versus the Ants' on a on the old radio program 'Escape. with William Conrad. I listen to old time radio programs on '20th Century Radio' on my internet radio. Mikek From your wiki link. "In 1948, the story was adapted into a radio play as part of the CBS Radio series, Escape [2] with William Conrad providing the voice of Leiningen for the January 14th debut broadcast."

Reply to
amdx

tirsdag den 17. april 2018 kl. 01.32.51 UTC+2 skrev Tim Williams:

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I get fasting blood tests annually; I'm OK.

I do have a lot of strange floaters, after-effects of some eye surgery. Some of them look like bubbles (maybe are bubbles) and some look like big dark insects flying around the edges of my visual field. They make life more interesting. Some look like tiny tadpoles swimming quickly across a bright field; I conjecture that they are actually part of my cleanup crew.

I wonder what is the resolution of shadowed objects very close to the retina; it seems to be microscopic.

But the ants are real. We seem to be down to one ant now. We hope he's not lonely.

lunatic fringe electronics

Not so much. Dogs probably won't eat enough of it by itself to cause trouble but mixing it with something they do like isn't a good idea at all. Yes, it's relatively safe but it's the "relatively" part that can get one into trouble.

Reply to
krw

I would of thought "Slow" and "Man" would be more appropriate, that way when I decide it's time to slam my foot down on them it would bring a smile to my face.

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

I hope you realize that if a single ant accidentally stumbles upon your pantry, he will go back to the nest leaving a trail to follow. Next day you'll see a highway of them.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

But there's nothing to eat in the bathroom.

When it rains a lot and the ground gets saturated, we tend to get an ant invasion. When it dries out, they go away.

The little slow brown ants here aren't anywhere as agressive as the ants were in Louisiana. The fire ants would kill cows. We do have a few spiders, which seem to eat all the other bugs.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

The chemically educated ants that I'm sending to Jamie's house synthesise picric acid rather than formic acid.

If he slams his foot down on them, it won't bring a smile to what's left of his face ...

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

You let ants crawl around on your bathroom floor so long that they get names like they're members of the family?

That's normal...

Reply to
bitrex