funny

There have been two ants crawling around on the floor of our bathroom. Mo has named them Lewis and Clark.

lunatic fringe electronics

Most ants are female, maybe Louise and Clarice :^) GH

Reply to
George Herold

Does your bathroom floor have a miniature mountain range and a major river system? And Indians?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

There will be more. Many more.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

After the pioneers come the settlers. Next, they'll be putting in a railroad.

It's been raining a lot lately. The ants like to come in out of the rain.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

It will soon cease to be funny >:-} Better head them off now. ...Jim Thompson

           To those of us in my age bracket...

           GREEN means inexperienced and/or incompetent.

We use buttercream icing made with Crisco and boric acid powder. A teaspoonful on a bit of tin foil under the fridge keeps the ants down very nicely.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Nod. They're determined, single minded & aggressive. I've not been able to find any way to stop them short of death.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

+1

Boric acid and sugar works just as well. Or you can pick up the Terro ant bait, Same thing.

Martin Riddle

Ants often investigate deaths. Dead bodies attract more ants. Better to keep your place clean, and let them go about their business, which should be nothing if you've done your job.

Or if you don't mind tedium, just relocate the ants outside -- pick them up on a piece of paper or something, so as not to send distress signals.

Alternately, if they're particularly aggressive: let them go about their business, and do your cleaning for you. 'Tis the way in the hotter parts of Africa, where it is unwise even for a fully grown human to get between an ant colony and its meals. :-)

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Tim Williams

Probably scouts, though if they're big and black, I'd be looking for leaks.

Reply to
krw

You don't need the sugar and without it, pets likely won't get into it by mistake.

Reply to
krw

But Mo doesn't want me to hurt them. I have to be careful to not step on them. I just do what I'm told.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Well, if you accidentally step on one, remind Mo that Lewis got shot in the ass! (Revisionist history buffs will no doubt claim "hip".)

Reply to
mpm

Our bug guy puts out "sticky traps" along likely invasion paths. Catches even scorpions... so sticky I observe no struggle marks ;-) ...Jim Thompson

           To those of us in my age bracket...

           GREEN means inexperienced and/or incompetent.

At least red ants...

Reply to
Robert Baer

It is San Francisco. They're probably red-army ants.

Reply to
krw

Ants Of Color.

lunatic fringe electronics

Progressants.

Antifa.

lunatic fringe electronics

When was the last time you got tested for diabetes? I've known more than one case where people first started suspecting that they might be diabetic from seeing ants on and near the toilet bowl.

Reply to
Pimpom