FTDI speed problem

I have an Atmel AVR programmer working on the serial port. I have tried to hook in an FTDI module which works, but it's between 100 and 1000 times slower in its operations. Anyone know why, or a solution? Or did I miss something basic? The serial progger runs at 115K baud.

Reply to
TT_Man

This is a known problem. The older FTDI driver sets the big timeouts for the USB serial port. This can slow down the port operation tremendously. You need to upgrade to the latest drivers or manually hack the timeouts in the registry.

Vladimir Vassilevsky DSP and Mixed Signal Consultant

Vladimir Vassilevsky

Vladimir Vassilevsky (antispam snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) ha scritto:

:: You need to upgrade to the latest drivers or manually :: hack the timeouts in the registry.

What such a register are you talking about?

Reply to
SBS

windows registry

Reply to
OBones

You left off the pull-up at U6 pin 3.

Reply to
Rich Webb

OK thanks so far..... but I thought the FTDI would run without any drivers loaded........ whereabouts in the registry? Just look for FTDI in there? What is U6? Or was that a flippant reply? The module I am using is a USB232m by DLP design,.......... Should I get a newer one? TIA

Reply to
TT_Man

TT_Man ( snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com) ha scritto:

:: OK thanks so far..... but I thought the FTDI would run without :: any drivers loaded........

Take a look at:

SBS

OK latest drivers loaded ( I forgot I had loaded them ages ago)... no improvement.:(

Reply to
TT_Man

TT_Man ( snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com) ha scritto:

:: OK latest drivers loaded ( I forgot I had loaded them ages :: ago)... no improvement.:(

Have you tried to contact FTDI technical support?

SBS

Yes, but no answer yet...

Reply to
TT_Man