FT2232: Anybody using MPSSE and the other channel

has at least one product using the FT2232 and I think Don Powrie has written an article about the FT2232. He usually puts links to his articles on his company page. Maybe he might be able to help you.

Rob Young snipped-for-privacy@ieee.removethis.org

Reply to
Rob Young

Hello,

I am hitting a wall with the FTDI FT2232. I want to use the first channel in MPSSE mode and the second channel in Bitbang mode.

First problem: I don't find anything in the D2XX docs about how to talk to the second channel.

Second problem: Trying with libftdi on Linux, as soon as I have the command active, that I think should get the second channel into bitbang mode, the MPSSE machine on the first channel goes astray. After emitting some commands to the MPSSE machine, I expect to be able to read two bytes. This is the case with BITBANG mode on the second channel not set. When I have set BITBANG mode the other channel, the read buffer is full (0x1000 bytes available) in the same situation.

Has anybody used the FT2232 successfull in a similar situation?

Thanks

Uwe Bonnes