frightening

This is frightening:

After we dig up and burn all the oil and coal and NG that we can access, what will we do then to make more CO2?

What's actually frightening is that a clown who can say "We presume CO2 was at 280 ppm at the beginning of the Industrial Revolution, before human act ivity could have caused a significant impact " gets a public podium.

Most people have heard of the Greenland and Antarctic ice cores samples, wh ich is how we know - not "presume" - that C02 levels were around 270ppm fro m the end the last ice age to the start of the industrial revolution. This clown hasn't come across this well-known data.

Admittedly, only clowns miss-informed in the right - denialist - mode get a podium on Anthony Watts' bit of the anthropogenic global warming denialis t propaganda machine, but you'd have thought that even Anthony Watts would have known enough to correct that particular bit of ignorance.

And - of course - John Larkin is the kind of clown who takes this rubbish s eriously and posts a link to it on sci.electronics.design without even mark ing it as Off Topic. If he'd ever paid attention in his undergraduate scien ce lecturer, he'd have been able to label it nonsense as well.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

BTW, The first frost of the east coast is pretty much on time.

Martin Riddle

Yeah, it is pretty frightening that anyone would believe a lack of CO2 in the atmosphere is our most present threat.

--

Rick
Reply to

Hmmm...this guy SITS on a seal,and possibly killing it (how can it breathe properly), and say that the clubbers did the dirty deed? One could argue that the clubbers "saved" the seal. If one is going to one extreme (his) then one could take the opposite...

And he rattles on essentially praising to the sky (heavens? with crystal sphere and all that) the benefits of excess CO2. Yea, unto the ends of the (flat) earth, may he breath such...

Reply to
Robert Baer

Oh, they sayeth, that is absolute proof of (whatever..fill in he blank).

Reply to
Robert Baer

I wrote a little program once that just lights up random pixels on the screen. If you run that for a while, it's amazing the patterns that you can see, or think you can see.

After a while it will look like white (or green) cat in a snowstorm depending on the display screen technology. Flipping the bits randomly or according to some CA rule gives a more entertaining screen saver.

A friend did a classic 3D test on one of the weaker random number generators RANDU on the Tek display - the result is now well known:

Workstations often use life simulations or related CAs.

All our glass TTYs when they were novel ended up with ">Login:" burned into the top LHS and likewise repeated faintly every line underneath.

My Panasonic TV annoyingly displays "Screen Saver" at random positions by default - hardly inspiring.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

On Fri, 16 Oct 2015 06:47:05 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

Fractal apps are a lot better for seeing things that are familiar...

The trial is free and quite sufficient.

The purchased product is 100% user programmable.

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

he was not questioning that point... yes it was 280 ppm

his point is that there are __good__ effects of increasing CO2

why don't you refute the logic of the argument instead of calling names

Mark

Reply to
makolber

It's also fun to sum a few random numbers to generate the XY coordinates, and approximate a Gaussian hill sort of thing.

We have a Rigol waveform generator that has an LCD screen, with incomprehensible menus, and a screen saver!

It has HELP, but that doesn't make sense either.

LCDs don't need screen savers!

Care to share what CA stands for?

--

Rick
Reply to

?

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

IKYTISHKYA BTAOAC

--

Rick
Reply to

bless you ..

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Do seals go to heaven?

Not excess, certainly by past history, like 8000 PPM or so, every river running free fizzy water. But "enough." The longterm threat to life on Earth is running out of CO2, not having too much. Earth invented humans to dig it up and put it back into circulation.

I liked his point about the green revolution, the combination of GM crops and high CO2 levels that can feed the human population, reduce the acerage farmed, and green the planet. All things that the greenies and politicos hate.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Beans, beans, the musical fruit The more you eat, the more you toot The more you toot, the better you feel That's why I eat beans at every meal

Inky Dinky Parlez Vous >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Eat lots of beans!

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

I don't know what is up with those damn Greenies. Why don't they want the planet to be fed? What's wrong with them?

--

Rick
Reply to