Fresh setback for Boeing's 737 MAX

snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote in news:513bbc83-4475-4460-90dd- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

The software fix.. OK

THIS is additional system assistance.

Next you will say that is what got us where we are.

Reply to
DLUNU

snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote in news:513bbc83-4475-4460-90dd- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

You are truly stupid.

Reply to
DLUNU

No - he is right. The SOP for recovery where there is runaway trim that is beyond the physical ability of the pilot to adjust manually is to fly a specific curve to take most of the forces off the flight control surfaces making them easier to move at the right time. eg.

The big problem is that you have to trade altitude and time for the opportunity to use this method (which incidentally seems to have been largely omitted from the modern manual). Altitude to spare was the one crucial thing that a plane does not have shortly after take-off.

The Ethiopeans were the worst off in this respect since they were already at 7000' and in thin air before they even left the ground.

The out of trim recovery procedure described as roller coaster was developed on the 707 - it has been around for a long time.

Trouble is that even when Boeing thought they had fixed it the simulator session demonstrated *another* independent critical trim failure.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Agree with all and from what I've read you can leave out "largely". What I read, it's totally gone.

Altitude to spare was the one

Reply to
trader4

Martin Brown wrote in news:qfho1q $1nh2$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

The bigger problem is the reason you are using it is because of a non timely control situation to start with and you are claiming to be able to control it into those arcs.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Oh looky! This FAT ASSED loser DORK wannabe has so much time, he can sit and read flight op manuals.

You a pilot, punk?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Quite amusing that at the same time you posted the above, you directed this at me:

"Oh looky! This FAT ASSED loser DORK wannabe has so much time, he can sit and read flight op manuals.

You a pilot, punk? "

Oblivious to the obvious hypocrisy. You're such a riot!

Insert cursing here.

Reply to
trader4