Free Schematic Capture for Vaccum Tubes

Can anyone recommend a free software application for drawing a vaccum tube amplifier?

I just need to show the symbols and wiring, not a simulation or cirucit board layout.

Thank you,

David King.

Reply to
David King

KiCad will work. I think they even have some tubes in the symbol library.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

LTspice has symbols for triodes and pentodes. Not the most beautiful thing in the world, but it's pretty fast.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Any schematic capture that allows you to make your own symbols, self-made in original flavor MicroSim (PSpice) Schematics...

...Jim Thompson

Just Schematic? You can try TinyCAD.

Martin Riddle

Hi Martin, How's the weather up there? ...Jim Thompson

Off your topic - but in general you don't want to simulate exactly what you're building, so a tool that lets you simulate and build boards is going to be excessively burdensome.

For simulation you model just the hard parts, surrounded by sources and loads and whatnot that are idealized. For actual building you make a schematic then (if you're not hand-wiring) make a board.

It's really two entirely different operations that happen to share one drawing name.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

Just finished the second round of throwing snow ;) I'd say we have about 2' here. It's not real wet heavy snow, but it does stick to the shovel and is fairly light.

But it doesn't compare (yet) to the '78 storm. They upped the forecast to 24"-30" + , and it looks like the system is starting to move out to sea after just sitting off the coast of the Carolinas.

Martin Riddle

today >:-}

And I observe another storm system overhead, heading to the East ;-) ...Jim Thompson

This I don't mind. It's the >32F that makes a mess.

Some 400PM official totals: Bethpage 20" Islip Airport 19.1" Central park 19.3"

Another 3 to 9 tonight

I must say that the Kevlar V-Belt in the snowblower is holding up nicely ;)

I wonder how Spehro made out up there in Weschester?

Martin Riddle

On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 16:24:41 -0500, Martin Riddle Gave us:

make your own library...

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

It's just a one-off three tube circuit. Probably quickest to just snip these out and do in CoreDraw.

Thanks,

David King

Reply to
David King

On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 12:49:46 +1100, David King Gave us:

Those are lame... In the extreme. There are far better, pin numbered versions on a simple google search.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I've got a library of bitmaps you can "Paste From" in anything as simple as Paint (though I recommend the Paint that came with Windows XP, the Win7+ version is just too goofy).

(at the bottom)

Tim

-- Seven Transistor Labs, LLC Electrical Engineering Consultation and Contract Design Website:

Can anyone recommend a free software application for drawing a vaccum tube amplifier?

I just need to show the symbols and wiring, not a simulation or cirucit board layout.

Thank you,

David King.

Reply to
Tim Williams

Spehro's safe under the last blanket of lake effect white stuff, I expect. (He's east of Toronto.) AFAIK I'm the only regular SED contributor from Westchester. We've got a bit under a foot here.

A pity. My better half and I were due to go to the Stile Antico concert in Manhattan tomorrow, but that doesn't look like happening. :(

NY has the best weather of anyplace I know--four seasons, super sunny, cheap airfare when it gets to be a long February. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Hey your right, I meant to imply Phil but it came out as Spehro.

Martin Riddle

A bit west, but close enough. We got nada- and most of the lake effect stuff falls in NY state. I have not even shoveled the driveway this year- just the bit at the end once (that will jinx it for sure). The Atlanta-based CNN guys looked pretty silly this time last night with

1/2" of snow on the ground at a light breeze, but it's not totally disappointing in impact.

I think Ed Huntress (another thread and mostly another newsgroup) is fairly close to Phil- NJ somewhere.

Hmm polyphonics.

The proximity to the ocean makes it feel colder than it is, in my limited experience. It's sure nice living close to an airline hub, as we do too.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

We had a bit of dandruff. It was cold, though (25F).

NYC? Best weather? LOL!! Long February? Yer killin' me!

Reply to
krw

Quite a bit of ice, North and East. Worst in two years! ;-)

15mi. ;-)
Reply to
krw

TinyCad works the best for that level. Its streight forward and simple to make new symbols if needed.

There is a little upset in that program when creating new footprints, you don't want to hover over to the Save Option until you either exit out of the new foot print operation, there by not saving your new foot print changes or click all the way at the bottom right to store it.

If you do move out side this area while editing a new symbol it could fault the program and terminate on you. P.S. Make sure you don't use one of those tiny screens, the Store key won't show at the bottom because it's stuck behind where there is no screen and no way to move the form up enough to click it, I have to use the TAB and enter method to activate the "STORE" button when using my little Acer Aspire XP machine.

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook