FPGA

Are the ASICs for sale?

Reply to
krw

m ha scritto:

afaikt it'll average 0.1BTC per month at the current difficulty, so if you have cheap electricity ....

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Interesting but it doesn't tell me what's inside. At $4500 and

1BTC/yr, _today_, it doesn't see like a great investment, even with cheap electricity. It could be an FPGA at that price. ;-)
Reply to
krw

Funny that it has come down to the cost of the electricity to run it. I wonder if this will become the driving force to design new fab processes that optimize the operational cost for bitcoin?

How many electrons does it take to generate a new bitcoin in the theoretical limit?

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998
Reply to
rickman

In the theroretical limit, assuming a fair market, as many as you can buy for one bitcoin, because difficulty scales with participation.

Jasen Betts