Force-feedback using steppers?

How is force feedback implemented in PC driving game wheels? I'm contemplating replacing the steppers on a small CNC mill drill with AC servos, which would then free up a couple of perfectly good 200 oz-in steppers for fun and experimentation. I think I might like to make a jog shuttle with tactile feedback to mimic the feel of directly attached handwheels.

Reply to
Mike Young

A small moor, with a bit of gearing. Nothing as expensive as steppers.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

On 24 Oct 2005 01:48:43 GMT, Ian Stirling wroth:

If you can't find a small Moor, then an ordinary pygmy might work. Just make sure to punch some air holes in the shuttle enclosure.

Jim

Reply to
jmeyer