For the snotty leftist weenie...

For the snotty leftist weenie who claimed I was wrong about Valerie Plame....

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I don't know if I read what you said about Plame, but here is a excerpt from that article that pretty well sums up its content:

(begin excerpt) Bates stressed in his ruling that the couple's allegations "pose important questions relating to the propriety of actions undertaken by our highest government officials," but that he had to dismiss the claims for jurisdictional reasons and so would not express an opinion on their merits.

He also ruled that his court lacks the power to award damages for the claims about public disclosure of private information about Plame, because the couple has not yet exhausted other remedies in seeking compensation from the appropriate federal agencies for those alleged violations. (end excerpt)

Reply to
John Popelish

Leftist weenies only quote what they want to hear, but I thank you for reading the article ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Propriety: the customs and manners of polite society.

If the left wants to make 'rudeness' a legal 'offense' then they best be prepared to spend eternity in court as defendants.

Reply to
flipper

[snip]

What I'm looking forward to is culmination of the left's insistence on reviving the "fairness doctrine".

Then the leftist video and newspaper media will have to allow rebuttals.

The right will just move to subscription radio where they'll have no problem getting sponsors, while the left will flounder with no one to support such crap as Al Franken.

Bwahahahaha ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

The for-profit media are the ones at whom this is directed (as they freely use the airwaves owned by the American Public).

You'll notice that Jim Lehrer and his bunch of pros over at PBS don't seem to need a govn't mandate to cover both sides of the story. Is it any wonder that Federal funding for Public Broadcasting is continually being cut by the Bushites?

...and pay to have their prejudices reinforced

--rather than listen to any of those pesky *different points of view*.

Reply to
JeffM

Big waste of time, and probably more polarizing - which I personally don't believe has been helpful overall.

Fill in the blanks (as best you can)...

#1 - One man's Contra is another man's Freedom Fighter. (OK, I did that one for you.)

#2 - One man's Patriot Act, is another man's: __________

#3 - One man's Fairness Doctrine is another man's __________ Doctrine.

#4 - One man's vicious retribution in outing the covert status of a CIA operative whose husband happend to be correct in stating there was no evidence that Iraq attempted to purchase yellowcake from Niger, is another man's.....

C'mon!! We all know Cheney & Co attacked Joe & Valarie simply because if we were in that position and held the convictions that Cheney does (rightly or wrongly), we'd do the EXACT same thing. All other explanation are simply too much of a reach.

They're in a position of power, and they USED it. Plain and simple. Some might say, "Abused" it, but we'll never know unless we trust our sense of smell.

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

I'm not sure what this proves. What did you originally claim about Valerie Plame?

--
Paul Hovnanian	paul@hovnanian.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

On Jul 20, 11:42 am, mpm wrote:>

Right. And we're not in that position and don't hold his convictions; instead, we feel fear and loathing.

Reply to
kell

[snip]

Nope. Because (outside of the questionable legality of exposing a CIA operative), that was a clear case of both misdirection and a vengeful attack.

If Cheney thought Wilson was full of sh*t, he should have directed his attack against him, not his wife. No credible connection was ever made (or even attempted) between Wilson's alleged motives or accuracy and his wife's job.

That's the difference between a villain and a hero. The hero uses his power for good, the villain for evil. Come on! Even G.W. Bush keeps up with his comic books.

--
Paul Hovnanian	paul@hovnanian.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

You sure are a slow reader, and even slower at comprehension.

Let's break it down into small pieces for you, one question per post, so you can handle it:

WHO sent WILSON to Africa?

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

On Jul 20, 4:24?pm, Jim Thompson

Better yet: Why go at all? They did not listen to what he reported anyway.

Reply to
mpm

Jim's playing the Plame game again... ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Dick Cheney.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Wrong, and you know it. You're just trying to be obstinate. But I guess that's just a standard leftist weenie trait ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Good thing because he lied.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Well, that's according to Wilson.

Of course, Cheney's rebuttal testimony .....(sound of crickets)

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

As long as George Dubya or his buddies don't pick on you, everthang's great. It's what they call the peckering order.

RL

Reply to
legg

"Pesky 'different points of view'" Oh wait! I've heard that term before! I believe it's a euphemism for "Political Lies and Propaganda". And works for ANY side in a political dispute!

Reply to
Benj

Pick a fight, like Wilson did, and you shouldn't be surprised there's a rebut.

Reply to
flipper