For the snotty leftist weenie...

You should know better. The 'proposal' would apply only to 'talk radio', the rest would be exempt.

That would just make them the next target, depending on how many people they thought were listening.

Reply to
flipper

You can't really count the fact that Plame said she didn't have the authority to do it herself and that it was Cheney because, she is his wife and likely to defend him. It really is a side issue since rebutting his statement about the yellow cake wouldn't have needed the outing of Plame. It was just easier to shhot the messanger than dispute the message.

Reply to
MooseFET

flipper wrote:

Would that be the *telling the truth* part?

Truth *has* become a dangerous commodity during King George's reign. "Dry Drunk"

's.behavior.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*+set-*-*-standards+*-*-is-dry+*.dry.drunk+*.*.thinking.is.clouded+bravado.speak+*.*.*.newly.recovering.*.*.*+nursing.a.*.*.*.wound.*.*+*.*.standards.lack.consistency+unwillingness-to-admit-*-*-*-*-mistakes+impatience+*.*.*.*.*.utterance.*.*.*.*.*.*+*-*-*-idioms-*-*-*-*+whispering-campaign&strip=1 See "whispering campaign".

Reply to
JeffM

[snip]

That was my original point. Wilson wasn't working for his wife. He relied upon his own contacts and research to gather his information. If Cheney's office or the CIA picked him because they knew of his background, that was based upon his decades of work for the State Department in the Middle East and Africa. Its likely that he had more experience in the area than Plame did anyway. There's no evidence that she provided any information to support his findings.

--
Paul Hovnanian	paul@hovnanian.com
Free the Mallocs!

This seems to be a fairly thorough history...

...Jim Thompson

because

his

I definitely heard Joe Wilson claim on Hardball (MSNBC-Chris Matthews) say he initially declined to go since it was his considered opinion the Embassy in Niger was competent and could undertake the finding. If that is true, and I have no reason to doubt that it is true, it drives a stake right through the heart of the who-sent-whom argument. For if Mr. Wilson wanted to concoct this mess, he would (should?) have jumped at the chance to go....

Obviously, that fails the sniff test. I believe the system just rolled over Joe and his wife (along with most of our personal privacy guarantees a la the "Patriot Act"). Isn't the first time....

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

flipper wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

No,the leftist Mainstream media would cease their political commentary except in the general slant of their reporting,still getting out their side of any story,but the conservative side would get shut down. The so-called "Fairness Doctrine" is anything but "fair". Currently,the leftist viewpoint gets plenty of exposure in the MSM,TV and print media(>70% DemocRAT),but they could not compete in talk radio. So,they decide to bring back the "Fairness Doctrine" to stifle the conservative dominated talk radio.It doesn't matter that the TV and print media are dominated by leftist viewpoints.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

mpm wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@n2g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

Ah,another VRWC. (vast right wing conspiracy)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

because

does

his

made

his

simple.

our

up

Well yes but have you considered the fact that Wilson is known to be, now was, a republican. He wasn't a neocon insider but certainly was a republican.

Reply to
MooseFET

Heh and heh. The robber barons who run media are NOT predominantly Lefties. Corporate media hasn't been "mainstream" for over a decade. The word "pandering" comes to mind.

Certainly not when implemented by for-profit entities.

The word "dominated" seems like a self-evident call for "fairness". If your idea of "fairness" is an hour of Lefties followed by an hour of Righties, you have COMPLETELY missed the point.

What a moron. General Electric, Rupert Murdock, Disney, and Viacom are NOT a bunch of Left-Wingers.

The answer to *wrong-headed* speech is MORE speech. Write your letter to the editor; if it is that poignant, it will get published. (Your current fare wouldn't qualify on a *quality* basis.)

Reply to
JeffM

Some points made there that I noted:

  1. Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman said the agent?s husband Joe Wilson falsely claimed Vice President Cheney authorized his trip to Africa - a claim Wilson never actually made. This was said early on in that page's summary.
  2. A further excerpt: February 5, 2002 - The CIA?s Directorate of Operations - the clandestine branch that employed Valerie Wilson - issues a second report including "verbatim text" of an agreement, supposedly signed July 5-6,
2000 for the sale of 500 tons of uranium yellowcake per year. (Senate Intelligence Cmte., Iraq 37, July 2004). 3 - a later item: July 11, 2003 - Director of Central Intelligence George Tenet concedes in a statement that the State of the Union claims about Iraqi attempts to buy uranium from Africa were a mistake and that the "16 words should never have been included in the text written for the President." (Tenet Statement, July 2003).

I think I said enough from that article for anyone to want to read it! Plenty of other stuff was said there in all fairness!

Don Klipstein

You are confusing variety of opinion with receptive aphasia.

Reply to
flipper

Nothing yet? Not even a reference to an old post?

mv Windows /dev/null
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

That she set up the whole scenario herself.

...Jim Thompson

My reading comprehension must be seriously damaged, could you point out where in the article that it was implied, or stated, that she set up the whole scenario herself?

All I saw was the judges ruling that it was normal for persons in high political office to discuss such things with the press, and that the case was out of the court's jurisdiction.

-Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Harris

Ah, Jim's just playing the Plame Game again...

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

There's no evidence it that article that Plame had anything to do with Wilson's investigation, conclusions and subsequent article.

Another article (posted elsewhere in this thread) indicates that she did nothing more than suggest her husband to CIA officials as a possible consultant in their investigation.

Not everything is a conspiracy to undermine the administration's credibility. Jim. Often they do a pretty good job of it themselves.

--
Paul Hovnanian	paul@hovnanian.com
Free the Mallocs!
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Your supreme status as a close-minded leftist-weenie is duly noted. You have been entered into the contest for deepest head in the sand ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Yeah, hey! 33% of the American People can't be wrong, can they?

Flap!
The Pig Bladder from Uranus, still
waiting for that hot babe to ask me
what my favorite planet is.