Flicker Flame light bulbs

I saw a christmas tree with light bulbs with clear glass, and inside is a black piece of what appears to be metal, shaped like a flame. There is an orange glow that follows that flame shape and flickers. The bulbs almost look like a real flame. I'm thinking this is a neon type of bulb, but what makes the glow move against that flame shaped metal? This almost looks like something from the vacuum tube days. I know this is nothing new, I recall seeing these bulbs years ago, but this is the first time I saw a whole tree decorated with them, and I really liked the look.

Reply to
JerryAtrick

hamilton