Flash and Dazzle LED Technology Set to Music

I doubt these are neon- have to be LEDs

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Looks like EL wire for the static outlines and LEDs for the bright flashing animations.

Interesting question is - how are they synchronized? No wires. Too much to go wrong with wireless. My guess is they each have a local uP controlling their own "show" and they just synchronize the start time. A ~2 minute routine and that should be accurate enough that nothing falls too badly out of sync, so long as everyone is in the right place at the right time.

Reply to
bitrex

electroluminescent string

Jasen Betts

It appears fake to me. For one thing, notice the guys leaning at a 45 degree angle during the dance. Unless they have wire supports attached, it is not possible.

Reply to
John S

Michael Jackson patented special heels and stage fixtures for that trick.

Jasen Betts

US Patent No 5255452 ... he missed out on patenting the single white glove, and the crotch grab.

Mike Brown: mjb[-at-]signal11.org.uk  |    http://www.signal11.org.uk
Reply to
Mike

I think it was central wireless control- the instantaneous appearance/disappearance parts give that away. Then they try to simulate neon by making the lights flicker.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Those would only be design patents - trivial to get around.

Reply to
krw

Dancers on a black stage could just lean against something.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr