Firefox Reader View

The new Reader View thing rocks. Open a cluttered, blinding, flashing, frantic web page, click the RV icon, and it snaps to static, calm, text mode.

This will destroy half of the Internet, the half that needs to be destroyed.

 Click to see the full signature

+42
--
Reinhardt
Reply to

Hmmm...

I didn't have it, so I clicked on Help->About->Check for Updates to see if there was a later version.

That downloaded an update without asking. (Gee, well, okay, I guess...) Then played a dumb video.

Couldn't find the Reader View feature, found it here:

So far it's only made *whole* pages disappear--it's magic! (e.g.

--but hope springs eternal. I wonder if NoScript is messing things up.

(It seems a bit faster...)

Cheers, James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Okay, NoScript was the problem. You have to allow about:reader, then it works great. Kewl.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

John, the '90s called, they want their Geocities back.

:)

'Course with ads the way they are, the intensity of things probably never went away (though Geocities did). But that's why you use AdBlock and NoScript.

As I recall, you don't use AdBlock and NoScript though...

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Williams

Tim Williams schreef op 06/03/2015 om 07:26 PM:

That seems weird to me. Who in their right mind does not use an Adblocker? I install that by default on any Firefox I come across.

Reply to
N. Coesel